Daiwa Zillion type r drag star

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Moosehead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa Zillion type r drag star

Post by Moosehead » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:13 pm

I bought a Zillion type r drag star and it doesn't match my other ones. They are identical except for the color. All the ones I have are "colored" anodized a gun metal gray. This one is well, while identical and perfect is the color of the Zillion 50th anniversary drag star. Almost a "white chrome". Did they make this for the Zillion type r or could it be used on a JDM or another model? I going to put it on one of my Fuego reels because it matches perfectly but I would love to source one more. But if it's from another model I need to no to source it.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa Zillion type r drag star

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Moosehead wrote:I bought a Zillion type r drag star and it doesn't match my other ones. They are identical except for the color. All the ones I have are "colored" anodized a gun metal gray. This one is well, while identical and perfect is the color of the Zillion 50th anniversary drag star. Almost a "white chrome". Did they make this for the Zillion type r or could it be used on a JDM or another model? I going to put it on one of my Fuego reels because it matches perfectly but I would love to source one more. But if it's from another model I need to no to source it.
Could be from a Pluton. The Zillion 50th star is clear anodized; that is, no tinting was added during the anodizing. So, it's basically the color of the raw aluminum.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Moosehead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion type r drag star

Post by Moosehead » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:43 pm

That is exactly the color! But it's exactly the same shape size and weight as my Zillion type r grey drag stars.