Daiwa Z2020

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa Z2020

Post by GotJDM » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:32 pm

Hey guys, its been a good few years since I have posted on the forum. Im planning on getting back into the game and i'm just trying to readjust myself with the market. Im looking at a few reel options and I am wondering what the going rate is for the Daiwa Z2020. If the price is right, this might just be the reel I will be looking for. I know there are some newer models etc etc... But if anyone can give me a run down that would be great, and yes.... Google/eBay/etc.... have already been exhausted.
Double Digit Lure Company.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa Z2020

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:07 am

Welcome back!
There are plenty of people on TT (new and old) who I am sure would be willing to help, but it's a little unclear what you are asking.
You want to know the going rate for one of these reels, but you have already exhausted internet search information?

GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GotJDM » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Thanks! & Im just looking for the current pricing on them. Sorry it was quite late when i wrote the post haha.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:14 pm

GotJDM wrote:Thanks! & Im just looking for the current pricing on them. Sorry it was quite late when i wrote the post haha.
Found you one for $470 area brand new. They have left and right handed, it is the 7 gear though and the Z Black LTD 2016 version. Probably find them cheaper on auction sites. Digitaka is where I saw the aforementioned one.

GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GotJDM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Thanks! I found a limited edition version on ebay. Hopefully i can snipe it.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:33 pm

GotJDM wrote:Hey guys, its been a good few years since I have posted on the forum. Im planning on getting back into the game and i'm just trying to readjust myself with the market. Im looking at a few reel options and I am wondering what the going rate is for the Daiwa Z2020. If the price is right, this might just be the reel I will be looking for. I know there are some newer models etc etc... But if anyone can give me a run down that would be great, and yes.... Google/eBay/etc.... have already been exhausted.

What are you looking to do with it?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GotJDM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:34 pm

goldrod wrote:
GotJDM wrote:Hey guys, its been a good few years since I have posted on the forum. Im planning on getting back into the game and i'm just trying to readjust myself with the market. Im looking at a few reel options and I am wondering what the going rate is for the Daiwa Z2020. If the price is right, this might just be the reel I will be looking for. I know there are some newer models etc etc... But if anyone can give me a run down that would be great, and yes.... Google/eBay/etc.... have already been exhausted.

What are you looking to do with it?
Heavy duty stuff... Frogs, Deep Jigging, Punching.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:20 am

These have got to be one of my favorite looking reels. Once I ever start upgrading the whole collection, I would like to pick one up if they could handle small A-rigs or the smaller large swimbaits like 6.8/7.8 Keitech's or 168S S Waver's...

GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GotJDM » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:16 pm

I agree! Still looking for one....... its become a little more challenging
DirtyD64 wrote:These have got to be one of my favorite looking reels. Once I ever start upgrading the whole collection, I would like to pick one up if they could handle small A-rigs or the smaller large swimbaits like 6.8/7.8 Keitech's or 168S S Waver's...