Daiwa Question on Parts

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by domthewon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:54 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
goldrod wrote: Working on reels is expensive. but therapeutic.. For me it calms me down and no anxiety..
Until that bearing retainer goes flyin'...
And then its all CSI and chit to find it. :lol: I have plenty in stock so I can just look for it later.
:lol: been there done that.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:43 am

domthewon wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
goldrod wrote: Working on reels is expensive. but therapeutic.. For me it calms me down and no anxiety..
Until that bearing retainer goes flyin'...
And then its all CSI and chit to find it. :lol: I have plenty in stock so I can just look for it later.
:lol: been there done that.

Yep, but now hand and reel go into a gallon sized plastic bag while removing bearing retainers.
Saved quite a few that way.

Doc

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:31 pm

G1 spool arrived and its lighter than the Steez Limited SV spool. I took the bearing off and replaced with and SLP Bearing .
got a few parts in but now i have to go to work ... Ringa is 100% together and i just need to clean polish or wax it.. i'll figure it out
got to cut grass tomorrow going to get up super early..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:00 pm

goldrod wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
goldrod wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote: Lmao - A Steez will not have a bushing on the worm gear.
My guess is he was asking to add one to an SS/SV, but I think they have a bearing on the levelwind too, lol.
No I am working on several reels actually
Steez Limited SV
IS79
Steez EX79
Ringa SSS
and TDX cranking reel.

I’m just awaiting parts now. It’s a waiting game now and I am tracking parts some of which I forgot I ordered lol
I hope to have it all by the end of the month.
Thanks for all the help everyone
Would like to see some pictures eventually. Working on reels is as fun as fishing for me sometimes. What are your upgrade plans???
Working on reels is expensive. but therapeutic.. For me it calms me down and no anxiety..
I've got bad anxiety ever since student debt and turning 30 caught up to me. I like to imagine what rods I will replace old ones with to calm down and go over new lures needed in my head or on paper. Organizing and even planning organizing tackle always makes me feel better.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:38 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
goldrod wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
goldrod wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
My guess is he was asking to add one to an SS/SV, but I think they have a bearing on the levelwind too, lol.
No I am working on several reels actually
Steez Limited SV
IS79
Steez EX79
Ringa SSS
and TDX cranking reel.

I’m just awaiting parts now. It’s a waiting game now and I am tracking parts some of which I forgot I ordered lol
I hope to have it all by the end of the month.
Thanks for all the help everyone
Would like to see some pictures eventually. Working on reels is as fun as fishing for me sometimes. What are your upgrade plans???
Working on reels is expensive. but therapeutic.. For me it calms me down and no anxiety..
I've got bad anxiety ever since student debt and turning 30 caught up to me. I like to imagine what rods I will replace old ones with to calm down and go over new lures needed in my head or on paper. Organizing and even planning organizing tackle always makes me feel better.

I know what you mean all too well
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible