Daiwa Question on Parts

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:37 pm

I went through my reels and I have ordered parts from TT.com
So I went through my order history.. to get the right part but Im confused


1, Tatula Type R Zion drag star ( 92/93 J14-0001 F57-6601)
2, Zillion TWS Zion Drag Star R and Left ( 100 / 101 same part numbers )

They look the same but one has a Small handle collar. Which is that?
One will create a gap between the star and the handle and the other will not. what I see is the collar is different.
one is wider and the other is not.. I looked on both reel schematics but they have the exact same part number , yet the prices are different. Can someone make sense of this?

I'm looking to reorder more parts but I don't want the gap.
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Never Mind

I figured it out

The daiwa SS SV drive shaft had a notch in it unlike my steez EX 79
what I notice was in fact a gap but it due to how that drive shaft is made ( the shaft that the handle affixes to is what I am referring to as the drive shaft. )

I does not matter what type of drag star other than the original one, there is some gap ( but you can't see it due to the spacer.. you just see more of the spacer) when you tighten down on the drag star.. sorry but i am in the middle of parts exchange..lol
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:53 pm

that being said,, anyone know the size of the worm gear bearing / bushing in the steez ?
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

User avatar
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2461
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am
Location: S FL

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:18 am

Normally a Daiwa LW bearing is a 5x8x2.5
<")))><{

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by goldrod » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 am

Thanks
Place on order as soon as possible
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:26 am

Wish I had put my experience up, I ordered 2 of the Zaion drag stars, for an SV105 and SS/SV. They told me to order the Tatula drag collar and hooked me up with some shims. I didn't need either, the stock drag collar was identical to the Tatula Type R one and the shims weren't necessary. Was an easy direct swap and looks so much better now than those stock short arm drag stars...

User avatar
Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by Rippin-lips » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:54 am

goldrod wrote:that being said,, anyone know the size of the worm gear bearing / bushing in the steez ?
Lmao - A Steez will not have a bushing on the worm gear.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 pm

Rippin-lips wrote:
goldrod wrote:that being said,, anyone know the size of the worm gear bearing / bushing in the steez ?
Lmao - A Steez will not have a bushing on the worm gear.
My guess is he was asking to add one to an SS/SV, but I think they have a bearing on the levelwind too, lol.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:59 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote:
goldrod wrote:that being said,, anyone know the size of the worm gear bearing / bushing in the steez ?
Lmao - A Steez will not have a bushing on the worm gear.
My guess is he was asking to add one to an SS/SV, but I think they have a bearing on the levelwind too, lol.
No I am working on several reels actually
Steez Limited SV
IS79
Steez EX79
Ringa SSS
and TDX cranking reel.

I’m just awaiting parts now. It’s a waiting game now and I am tracking parts some of which I forgot I ordered lol
I hope to have it all by the end of the month.
Thanks for all the help everyone
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:02 am

The SS/Sv is complete
As is the IS73

I really would like a Ito handle but I’ve ordered some carbon fiber handles but not the official on. Still it’s just a parts matter now
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:34 am

goldrod wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote:
goldrod wrote:that being said,, anyone know the size of the worm gear bearing / bushing in the steez ?
Lmao - A Steez will not have a bushing on the worm gear.
My guess is he was asking to add one to an SS/SV, but I think they have a bearing on the levelwind too, lol.
No I am working on several reels actually
Steez Limited SV
IS79
Steez EX79
Ringa SSS
and TDX cranking reel.

I’m just awaiting parts now. It’s a waiting game now and I am tracking parts some of which I forgot I ordered lol
I hope to have it all by the end of the month.
Thanks for all the help everyone
Would like to see some pictures eventually. Working on reels is as fun as fishing for me sometimes. What are your upgrade plans???

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:48 am

I like my IS79's to be blacked out..
I have one on a Super destruction with a tuned black SV spool in it. So this one is either going to be a G1 spool or 1010 that I have.
TTT has sent me some black MB knobs, id like to get an Ito handle to bring it together but thats been hard to source reasonably.
I am looking for a rod for this reel and that will certainly determine the spool that goes in it.. For now i have a TDZ R+ spool in it just because its black.

TDX has a different hue an since i've ordered some parts by accident, Im going to add a Steez HLC spool to it and light blue parts with a carbon handle, its and awesome mid to deep cranking reel esp with #14floro , this should be a good outcome

The Ringa SSS another Steez HLC spool in it and im looking for knobs now.. ( actually im supposed to be doing school work but some how the topic of outsourcing parallels buying reel parts.) I need some white knobs or just pink.. adding a ZPI bearing to that spool

Steez EX 79 a ZPI PG spool , purple dress up parts.. looking for a handle , i have a carbon fiber handle on it now but still waiting for a handle from china and one from japan. It cast really far but Im thinking about getting a ZPI PG spool from the trap.. its on my MB Gambler rod..

Steez Limited has the Blue Emblem spool in it.. have all matching srews coming , the drag star is long armed but carbon and light blue with a sky blue in daiwa terms, ccc coming from somewhere.. i have parts coming from The Tackle trap as well.

most reels have upgraded drags already,
maybe my ideas are corny, but i like it..
Finally got my red drag star for my IS73 and the ZPI M spool is in it.. Im looking for a rod for it.. just texas rigs and weightless baits..
My Steez SHA is all grey and red , with SV105 red spool on a Zbone and its a nice set up.
MY SS/SV , i went back to the MB honeycomb spool and zion drag star with carbon handle and the new style Daiwa knobs.. Great Great reel, 7.9:1 gears in it.. with a steez face plate..

I've started taking before pictures already and when its all done and my wallet coughs it last cough, ill post pictures..
the Steez Limited and BE was what I had in mine and is my core project.. Im looking forward to the day I can cast it.. Im trying to be patient, looking for a stick for it but I dont really need one.. my other steez limited is on a valkyrie with a 1010 spool and pitches like a dream.. I have a steez SV on the other valkyrie and im not sure what spool it has in it.. :-k ,
I need bearings now, so about to take tackle trap break.
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:15 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
goldrod wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote:
goldrod wrote:that being said,, anyone know the size of the worm gear bearing / bushing in the steez ?
Lmao - A Steez will not have a bushing on the worm gear.
My guess is he was asking to add one to an SS/SV, but I think they have a bearing on the levelwind too, lol.
No I am working on several reels actually
Steez Limited SV
IS79
Steez EX79
Ringa SSS
and TDX cranking reel.

I’m just awaiting parts now. It’s a waiting game now and I am tracking parts some of which I forgot I ordered lol
I hope to have it all by the end of the month.
Thanks for all the help everyone
Would like to see some pictures eventually. Working on reels is as fun as fishing for me sometimes. What are your upgrade plans???
Working on reels is expensive. but therapeutic.. For me it calms me down and no anxiety..
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by poisonokie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 am

goldrod wrote: Working on reels is expensive. but therapeutic.. For me it calms me down and no anxiety..
Until that bearing retainer goes flyin'...
This is the way.

User avatar
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2461
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am
Location: S FL

Re: Daiwa Question on Parts

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:16 am

poisonokie wrote:
goldrod wrote: Working on reels is expensive. but therapeutic.. For me it calms me down and no anxiety..
Until that bearing retainer goes flyin'...
And then its all CSI and chit to find it. :lol: I have plenty in stock so I can just look for it later.
<")))><{

Post Reply