Antares 2019?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Antares 2019?

Post by Revofisher » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Has anyone tried these yet they are in stock. I was going to grab one next week maybe the new mgl spool intrigues me a bit

tacklejunkie2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Antares 2019?

Post by tacklejunkie2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:56 am

Tactical Bassin just released a YouTube video talking about the new Antares.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:14 am

tacklejunkie2 wrote:Tactical Bassin just released a YouTube video talking about the new Antares.
It was more like a Shimano ad than a review. I wish they would have talked more in-depth about it like casting distance, ergonomics, etc. They used to be pretty objective about their gear, but within the past year they have started to become more salesman, in my opinion.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:16 am

yeah i was hoping for more on the casting performance with various weights being used. which they did hit on that somewhat guess ill hang in there.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:58 am

The channel is all about getting commission from TW, if you click at the links in the description you get ?from=tbassin in the end the TW url. Basically, they will never tell you anything about Sedition or Steez Racing Design rods.

FishNrace
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Location: Canada - Fishing my life away any chance i get.....

Post by FishNrace » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:26 pm

Weird with all of TB's shimano reels, they didnt do a side to side comparison with other reels.... I really wanted to get an idea of the size for this 70 sized antares. Their video was all about nothing lol

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Bryan at The Tackle Trap has pulled one apart to see how it's built... it's impressive in terms of quality construction. I unfortunately won't take a demo to fish as they only made a RH version, but we have already sent some out to guys and expect to start hearing on the water feedback soon. Too bad there wasn't a LH version ](*,)
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:06 pm

bronzefly wrote:Bryan at The Tackle Trap has pulled one apart to see how it's built... it's impressive in terms of quality construction. I unfortunately won't take a demo to fish as they only made a RH version, but we have already sent some out to guys and expect to start hearing on the water feedback soon. Too bad there wasn't a LH version ](*,)
What is the ratio of your LH to RH reel sales?
This is the way.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Was cool to see the new Poison Adrena in that TB video. I'll be interested to hear on the water reviews of the reel from those here on TT, I'm giving it some serious consideration as my first Antares. Not sure why though haha. Hard to imagine it'd be better for me than a Metanium MGL.

egore1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by egore1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:06 am

I have one on the way from Gary, I will post up some comparison pictures with other reels when it arrives. I haven't decided what rod it will land on, might be an upcoming 844 MBR or right to my trap/squarebill rod.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:42 am

poisonokie wrote:
bronzefly wrote:Bryan at The Tackle Trap has pulled one apart to see how it's built... it's impressive in terms of quality construction. I unfortunately won't take a demo to fish as they only made a RH version, but we have already sent some out to guys and expect to start hearing on the water feedback soon. Too bad there wasn't a LH version ](*,)
Every year there are more and more LH sales...
egore1 wrote:I have one on the way from Gary, I will post up some comparison pictures with other reels when it arrives. I haven't decided what rod it will land on, might be an upcoming 844 MBR or right to my trap/squarebill rod.
Thank you! I'm looking forward to the feedback...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:39 am

bronzefly wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
Every year there are more and more LH sales...
egore1 wrote:I have one on the way from Gary, I will post up some comparison pictures with other reels when it arrives. I haven't decided what rod it will land on, might be an upcoming 844 MBR or right to my trap/squarebill rod.
Thank you! I'm looking forward to the feedback...
That's what I figured. Hard to believe they aren't profitable here, especially when they already make them for the Japanese market.
This is the way.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:17 pm

Mike son wrote:Was cool to see the new Poison Adrena in that TB video.
That rod certainly looked sweet!

And to those who say TB is "all about paid links"...that hardly seems fair since they haven't been brand loyal when it comes to gear at all, and a channel with their viewership/trajectory can easily be selling Chinese junk to kids (and pocketing some real cash). AFAIK Matt and Tim have always used Shimano reels (and Daiwa too), why shouldn't they be affiliated with the company somehow? If I were on Shimano's marketing team TB would be at the top of my list to partner with. It takes a TON of work putting out 3 quality videos a week, esp when 90% of youtube is pure garbage.

Having said that, I agree the video could've gone more in-depth on the new Antares, though there's another channel that does that kind of granular tear-down style review better.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:59 am

Japanlureshop says the lefties will be available in April.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:17 pm

HobeyBaker wrote:
tacklejunkie2 wrote:Tactical Bassin just released a YouTube video talking about the new Antares.
It was more like a Shimano ad than a review. I wish they would have talked more in-depth about it like casting distance, ergonomics, etc. They used to be pretty objective about their gear, but within the past year they have started to become more salesman, in my opinion.
100 percent agree with that! I even put a comment under their video that they should call out that they are sponsored / in a partner ship with Shimano.

I understand that they want to make money but it makes them less and less credible. With every gear review they do, I am asking myself if it was just for the $$$...

Oh well, there are still honest knights out there!