Tatula vs Steez size

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tatula vs Steez size

Post by jiggerjake » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:26 am

Does the Daiwa Steez SV TW palm noticably better than the Tatula SZ TW ? I like the Tatula's and I'm wondering if it's worth the cost to up-grade.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula vs Steez size

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:54 am

jiggerjake wrote:Does the Daiwa Steez SV TW palm noticably better than the Tatula SZ TW ? I like the Tatula's and I'm wondering if it's worth the cost to up-grade.
The Steez SV TW is the best palming reel since the T3 imo. The platform is similar, only Daiwa made it better. Smaller and more compact. Of course, the Alphas is still king of the hill for those with smaller hands. Aside from comfort, there are many other reasons to consider the Steez an upgrade. The OG Steez platform is not as comfortable to palm as the SV TW, but it's still dang good.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:56 am

Is it really that bad? Palming a T3 was like trying to palm 3 door stops taped together.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:12 am

LowRange wrote:Is it really that bad? Palming a T3 was like trying to palm 3 door stops taped together.
Not for the majority lol. Like I said, it has a similar form factor, without the boxy feel. It's more contoured and smaller, but still has the somewhat sloping hood on top of the front of the frame. If someone finds the new Steez uncomfortable, they must have chipmunk hands with toddler fingers.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:23 am

Yes the steez palms better than the tatula sv frame. Some people have complained of one of the knobs bothering their grip and making them uncomfortable, but I have no complaints.