Steez SV Handle Grips

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
yellowcard129
Angler
Angler

Steez SV Handle Grips

Post by yellowcard129 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:04 am

Im looking for slightly bigger/better grips for my stock steez sv 1012 handle. What do you guys recommend? SLPW I-shape cork? Are they shipped in pairs from digitaka or is it 20$ per one. Also ive never really modified my reels whats the best way to take the stock grips off? Just pop the end caps off? Thanks

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez SV Handle Grips

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:55 am

The "Tatula" knobs. They are good grips. They are grippy and, can get a firm hold on them. People may chime in and say they are heavy. I wouldnt worry about a few gram difference if you are looking for bigger grips.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:01 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:The "Tatula" knobs. They are good grips. They are grippy and, can get a firm hold on them. People may chime in and say they are heavy. I wouldnt worry about a few gram difference if you are looking for bigger grips.
Same grips are on the Steez A
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:10 pm

There is a larger version of the knobs on the Steez SV TW I have them on my Steez A's with 95mm SLP carbon handles . check out the hedgehog site.
http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=79675