Tatula SV TW

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Tatula SV TW

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Hardbodyz is just an old Daiwa descriptive for aluminum-frame spinning reels. Not sure why they would dredge up that terminology.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:00 am

Look at the sideplat and brake dail....it is clearly a CT and not the Steez like recessed dail.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:30 am

LowRange wrote:
iabass8 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
iabass8 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:I personally can't wait for the SV version of the newest Tatula. That reel fits my palm so well!
http://www.daiwa.com/scandinavia/conten ... index.html
That is just a CT reel. Am I missing something?
It's an SV tatula 100 /w the new tatula frame. There's a few videos on youtube. It has the "hardbodyz" frame. It's kind of hard to tell what exact frame the reel is on but if you skip to 1:54 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAnTRcGfO8&t=67s you get a good look at it. Reel has been out for a year.
That's the Tatula CT platform. That is not based off the new 100.
Yep
<")))><{

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:26 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
LowRange wrote:
iabass8 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
It's an SV tatula 100 /w the new tatula frame. There's a few videos on youtube. It has the "hardbodyz" frame. It's kind of hard to tell what exact frame the reel is on but if you skip to 1:54 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAnTRcGfO8&t=67s you get a good look at it. Reel has been out for a year.
Yep
The most obvious thing is the lack of a zero adjuster on the gear-side cast control.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:21 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
LowRange wrote:
iabass8 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Yep
The most obvious thing is the lack of a zero adjuster on the gear-side cast control.
For me it was the lines of the frame. They do match the 100 and are exactly the same as the CT. It is easy to identify a CT/Zillion SV frame. Jist look at where the frame meets the face plate of the reel. The CT reels have a very distinct seam there the frame and face plate meet half way down the front of the reel. The 100 face plate extends all the way to the hood of the frame.

ZJKorman
Angler
Angler

Post by ZJKorman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:28 am

OkobojiEagle wrote:I don't need another reel, but...

Looking for just one person who has owned a Tatula SV TW and didn't like fishing it. I need at least a tiny amount of support to resist...

oe
I do not like mine. Definitely the last reel I use in my collection. Overbraked imo

OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by OkobojiEagle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:47 pm

ZJKorman wrote:
OkobojiEagle wrote:I don't need another reel, but...

Looking for just one person who has owned a Tatula SV TW and didn't like fishing it. I need at least a tiny amount of support to resist...

oe
I do not like mine. Definitely the last reel I use in my collection. Overbraked imo
You're my hero...

oe

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Spent 10 hours today steelhead fishing using a 1/2 oz bobber switching between 2 of the original tatulas, a tatula sv and the new bantam mgl.
I’m buying another sv!
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish