Was the Daiwa CG CC CR 80's a colossal failure to Daiwa?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Was the Daiwa CG CC CR 80's a colossal failure to Daiwa?

Post by johnD » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:42 pm

You'd be surprised at what sells as far as reels go. Worldwide there's millions of ppl that buy reels that have no idea of what they are buying. Even if you told them what they were buying they still wouldn't understand. They just want a cheap fishing reel that looks good to them.. I think that's the market they are after with the doyo reels or whoever is making them. The TT tackle junky crowd is not who they were targeting ,that's obvious. The person that goes fishing 2 or 3 times a year , yes.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Compared to Uncle Jim's (or whatever) POS crappie reel pre spooled with crappy neon yellow crappie line, I'm sure they're miraculous, but compared to almost anything else, as has been stated, they're crap. It doesn't make sense. Unless Daiwa is really just that hard up and have no other way to stay afloat without the OEM revenue stream, I hope they flop harder than Mortal Engines, never to be seen again. They constitute an abomination, wholly unworthy of the Daiwa moniker and I hate them, hate them, hate them.

Attention budget minded panfishermen! You are being duped! Lew's is where it's at! Or BPS, Pinnacle, Fitzgerald, Favorite, Quantum, Duckett, Ardent, Pflueger, Wright & McGill, or Shakespeare! All are better than Daiwa and you will catch more and bigger fish if you use them! Plus, they look much better,
and the lube will last the life of the reel, so you never have to maintain them, not to mention their stellar resale values! Whatever you do, just steer clear of Daiwa! You have been warned!
This is the way.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:49 pm

poisonokie wrote:Compared to Uncle Jim's (or whatever) POS crappie reel pre spooled with crappy neon yellow crappie line, I'm sure they're miraculous, but compared to almost anything else, as has been stated, they're crap. It doesn't make sense. Unless Daiwa is really just that hard up and have no other way to stay afloat without the OEM revenue stream, I hope they flop harder than Mortal Engines, never to be seen again. They constitute an abomination, wholly unworthy of the Daiwa moniker and I hate them, hate them, hate them.

Attention budget minded panfishermen! You are being duped! Lew's is where it's at! Or BPS, Pinnacle, Fitzgerald, Favorite, Quantum, Duckett, Ardent, Pflueger, Wright & McGill, or Shakespeare! All are better than Daiwa and you will catch more and bigger fish if you use them! Plus, they look much better,
and the lube will last the life of the reel, so you never have to maintain them, not to mention their stellar resale values! Whatever you do, just steer clear of Daiwa! You have been warned!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well played, sir!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 pm

I'd have tried one pre-internet.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:07 am

They are doing themselves a disservice. Every baitcast reel they sell should come standard with Magforce Z. If I had bought one of these things as a 1st Daiwa and discovered that Daiwa mag brakes are just like all the other mag brakes then I would have never bothered with the brand again. I would have kept using OEM dual brake and centrifugal brake reels and passed on Daiwas. I would have thought they all cast like a Black Max.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:36 am

KP Duty wrote:I'd have tried one pre-internet.
I don't know. You look at that, the BPS, the *shudder* ZPI, the etc etc, and you know something's fishy. Pardon the pun.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:38 am

LowRange wrote:They are doing themselves a disservice. Every baitcast reel they sell should come standard with Magforce Z. If I had bought one of these things as a 1st Daiwa and discovered that Daiwa mag brakes are just like all the other mag brakes then I would have never bothered with the brand again. I would have kept using OEM dual brake and centrifugal brake reels and passed on Daiwas. I would have thought they all cast like a Black Max.
Exactly.
This is the way.