Metanium DC

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
MNBassin03
Angler
Angler

Metanium DC

Post by MNBassin03 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:41 am

I'm wondering where you guys are using the Metanium DC reels? Is there distance good so throwing some cranks, football jigs, chatterbaits? Or do you use it for skipping baits? Or do you use it for the lighter baits that have issues in the wind at times like Jerkbaits, some smaller cranks etc? Where is the sweatspot? Also any comparisons to other reels would be great too? For instance when skipping with this reel is it better or worse than say a Steez SV TWS? (something like that).

Thanks!

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Metanium DC

Post by Winstondry » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:32 pm

I have mostly used mine for throwing hollow body frogs, have also used it for crankbaits, spinnerbaits and most recently, Vision 110 jerkbaits.

MNBassin03
Angler
Angler

Post by MNBassin03 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:32 am

How's the distance in comparison to other reels? Same with skipping ability?

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:40 pm

I’m not a skipper, unless you count captain of my own boat... :big grin:

I see no difference in distance between my DCs and my other reels. Then again, I’m not one to try and empty a spool on every cast.