Fishing ole classics

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Fishing ole classics

Post by lifeofRiley » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:33 pm

Curado D is the one model of the "good ones" that I have never owned, or fished with. I know a very good fisherman who swears by the CU100D. I would love to own one someday. The sad thing is, I don't think gears are available anymore for that one. Maybe if I find one that hasn't been trashed out it'll be salvageable. Either way I'd like to have one someday.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:39 am

lifeofRiley wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:33 pm
Curado D is the one model of the "good ones" that I have never owned, or fished with. I know a very good fisherman who swears by the CU100D. I would love to own one someday. The sad thing is, I don't think gears are available anymore for that one. Maybe if I find one that hasn't been trashed out it'll be salvageable. Either way I'd like to have one someday.
I just sold one that was brand new in box. Great little reels. I had one that I used, but it felt awkward in my hands, so I sold it, but kept the new in box one for my display. I still have my new in box Citica100D, and that will be kept since they are a rare bird to find.
<")))><{

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:51 am

Still fishing with non TWS Daiwas: Multiple Alpha's, Zillions, Steezs, and TDZ's variants. May buy an Steez TWS someday, but I will never buy a reel not made in Japan.

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:13 am

BigG wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:51 am
Still fishing with non TWS Daiwas: Multiple Alpha's, Zillions, Steezs, and TDZ's variants. May buy an Steez TWS someday, but I will never buy a reel not made in Japan.
I feel the same way, I feel Daiwa and Shimano takes great pride in the Japanese built reels. How great is the the Alphas platform still, its amazing.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:05 am

Edward78 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:13 am
BigG wrote:
I feel the same way, I feel Daiwa and Shimano takes great pride in the Japanese built reels. How great is the the Alphas platform still, its amazing.
Should have added Sweden.

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:40 am

BigG wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:05 am
Edward78 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:13 am
BigG wrote:
Should have added Sweden.
I have heard and read good things but never owned a Swiss made reel.