Daiwa baitcaster handles upgrades?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
wahoowad
Angler
Angler

Daiwa baitcaster handles upgrades?

Post by wahoowad » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:58 am

I have an older Daiwa baitcaster with a worn out handle that I would like to upgrade to something better. The handle looks to attach to the reel the same way so many baitcasters do. Is there a standard size, or a few standard sizes, so I can measure and shop a range of replacements?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa baitcaster handles upgrades?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:28 am

Post the reel model #, and whether it is swept or straight. A pic would be even better. It will be much easier to help if we aren't guessing.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

wahoowad
Angler
Angler

Post by wahoowad » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:42 am

It's an older reel. Daiwa Magforce model MA10G

Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heddonfrog » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:56 pm

I retired a 30 year old Shimano BBM-VR a year a so ago rather than spend any additional money on it. It now sits on a shelf enjoying its retirement and reminiscing about the good ole’ days and just how many fish it caught. I can’t speak for everyone but I’d recommend doing the same. Modern reels, even affordable or beautifully maintained used recent models simply make your fishing experience so much more fun. I totally get it if that’s not what you want to do, I kept that BBM going way past it’s expiration date but yeah, that’s my suggestion. Good luck brother
Last edited by Heddonfrog on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 pm

I have a handle you can have, just PM your info.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.