shipping reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

shipping reels

Post by johns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Time to ship my reels out to be cleaned and upgraded. What shipping service do you use? Also how do you insure them? I have a few reels that I bought new and don't know if I should insure them for price I paid for them or what they are worth now. If you insure them for price paid will they even pay for them or just give you what they are worth? thanks for any help. john

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: shipping reels

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Whatever you do, dont ship that many reels via USPS. If something happens, they will just refuse to pay you because you can't prove what the items are worth, regardless of the amount of insurance you purchase.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

wolfewiz
Angler
Angler

Post by wolfewiz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:11 pm

Following

johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by johns » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:08 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:Whatever you do, dont ship that many reels via USPS. If something happens, they will just refuse to pay you because you can't prove what the items are worth, regardless of the amount of insurance you purchase.
ouch, not what I wanted to hear. Not the most impressive list but I have a tdz, red pixy, millionaire cvz, 50th zillion, zillion tyoe r, and a couple t3's all bought new with receipts . These took me years to get since 2001 and pretty much irreplaceable for me since I just retired. So they won't pay for them with the original receipt? Would it be better to ship it 2 lots, 1 for just service and one for upgrades and repairs? Again thanks for any help. john

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:20 am

I have reels shipped to me all the time via USPS. Sometimes there are 4, sometimes 8-16. Havent ha d aproblem yet. Always insure, and take pictures of the reels, and in box as well for proof.
<")))><{

tracker01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tracker01 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:59 pm

If you have a tackle shop near by, ask them if they can recommend someone local that cleans reels.
Just say’in.