New Daiwa spinning reel - no manual in box or online

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
wahoowad
Angler
Angler

New Daiwa spinning reel - no manual in box or online

Post by wahoowad » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

My new Daiwa Legalis LT spinning reel only had a parts diagram, no manual indicating lubrication or anything. The Daiwa website only pulls up the same parts diagram and no other ‘owner manual’ type information. Do they hide these somewhere on their website?!?!

One thing I was curious about - I don’t see a lubrication port? I’ve been a Shimano user for years and used to dropping ina single drop of oil every year or two. Don’t see anything like that on the Daiwa.

Also, the spool had some lines etched in it and I was wondering if these were line capacity rings like Penn has. Nothing anywhere explains anything.

accodn2ryan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Daiwa spinning reel - no manual in box or online

Post by accodn2ryan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 am

My Tatula LT also came with just a parts diagram I believe, but I can double check the box when I get home.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New Daiwa spinning reel - no manual in box or online

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Daiwa does not have lubrication ports on there reels and Shimano have now removed them. should only put grease inside a spin reel anyway and the opening on shimano reels was in the wrong spot onto the back of the gear.