Casting distance tuning

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Casting distance tuning

Post by SapperTyler » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:42 am

Ok so I personally have

Diawa Tatula CT100HS
Diawa Tatula 150HS
Diawa Tatula SV TW

Where can I find the best tuning parts such as spools, bearings, handles and all that jazz? I’ve seen more parts for the more higher end stuff and didn’t know if they were cross comparable with my platforms. I want to keep the reels realatively close to the factory spool size but lighter and upgrade the handles to larger 100mm and complete ceramic bearings throughout but as far as the bearings I can usually just find the spool bearings but I also want to do the pinion and drive shaft bearings as well but don’t know the sizes I need.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Casting distance cheaper vs expensive

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:49 am

I have no experience with the Tatulas.
However, I have seen the ZPI NRC002 spools for Tatula, which you can find on
Hedgehog.co.jp
Amazon.co.jp
Ebay
Also try Tackletrap.com US seller)
The above sites also sell bearings for Tatula reels (e.g. Zpi bearing, hedgehog bearings etc.).
Aliexpress is the place for DIY (cheaper chineese) spools for the Tatula lineup.

SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Re: Casting distance tuning

Post by SapperTyler » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:58 am

Ok thanks, where would I be able to find the bearing sizes for the drive shaft and pinion, I am pretty sure the pinion is 3x8x13.5 but not sure

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:05 am

SapperTyler wrote:Ok thanks, where would I be able to find the bearing sizes for the drive shaft and pinion, I am pretty sure the pinion is 3x8x13.5 but not sure
I cannot help there, but I believe others will chime in.
Otherwise Hedgehog.co.jp often have info on bearing sizes...

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:06 am