Daiwa Legalis spinning reels discontinued?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
wahoowad
Angler
Angler

Daiwa Legalis spinning reels discontinued?

Post by wahoowad » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Last winter I met a regional Daiwa rep who was doing some kind of 'demo day' type thing at one of the area's larger sporting goods stores. I really like the little Legalis LGLT1000D he showed me, but he suggested it wasn't available yet and to keep looking for it. I forgot about it all year, but just bought one off Amazon this week.

Today I went to a tackle shop and was told this reel is discontinued. Already? :( I'm thinking either it wasn't a new reel just hitting the market, or perhaps it is and the local shop just didn't carry them.

Any insights?

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Legalis spinning reels discontinued?

Post by Craigthor » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Not sure on a national level but possibly this shop is just not able to get them any longer/ doesn’t sell enough to invest the overhead required to keep them available. In the end if you enjoy the reel and it fits your purpose is all that should matter.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa Legalis spinning reels discontinued?

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Not sure if they are discontinued either but Tacklewarehouse seems to have quite a few in stock.