Steez CT SV TW

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Steez CT SV TW

Post by Salty Parrot » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:48 pm

Seems like this reel is coming in 2019 any more info on this reel regarding if there will be a aluminium version? The 30mm spool looks interesting. I posted a link to the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... f0ucSEEtog

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Steez CT SV TW

Post by Dalleinf » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:25 am

It looks very nice. I agree, the new spool is interesting. However, as I have Daiwa reels with 31-34mm and 36mm spools, I do not think that I will buy yet another platform / separate spool size.

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:11 am

Dalleinf wrote:It looks very nice. I agree, the new spool is interesting. However, as I have Daiwa reels with 31-34mm and 36mm spools, I do not think that I will buy yet another platform / separate spool size.
Sure! To get another platform you need to know what it's for...I'm hoping Avail ,KTF or another studios will make a shallow spool for this new platform,and then it possibly come to be able work with a lightest lures 1/32 and less...till now only small Abu and Calcutta has 30mm spools.So,will see!

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:17 am

I thought the same thing about the 30mm spool. It's nice to be able to swap spools from the A to the SV TW.

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:22 am

HobeyBaker wrote:I thought the same thing about the 30mm spool. It's nice to be able to swap spools from the A to the SV TW.
Yea! And then it will be a good competition for Alphas Stream :D

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:37 am

I'd be interested to try it, but it still doesn't seem like a BFS reel :x and still I don't see how it can be as versatile as they're making it out to be. If anything, I bet it's even more of a niche reel for short range pitching and skipping and mid range casts with 3/16-3/8. For typical bass techniques >3/8oz I think a 34-36mm spool is best because it doesn't have to spin as fast to keep up with the lure, plus it boosts retrieve rate. A 31mm certainly starts up faster, especially when it's super shallow, and that's great for light baits, but to bomb a long cast it has to spin faster and keep up the momentum throughout the cast, too, without spooling the line. All speculation at this point. Time will tell. Can't wait to hear from the early adopters.
This is the way.

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:22 am

What's expected release date for this real and will this be JDM only?

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:51 am

Pastrmka wrote:What's expected release date for this real and will this be JDM only?
Nothing definitive, but a good guess is that they will expose it at the 2 Japanese shows in January and Feb and then make it available to the JDM market shortly after. Chances are it will evenually make it to the US market. That's usually the process.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:23 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Pastrmka wrote:What's expected release date for this real and will this be JDM only?
Nothing definitive, but a good guess is that they will expose it at the 2 Japanese shows in January and Feb and then make it available to the JDM market shortly after. Chances are it will evenually make it to the US market. That's usually the process.
Don't most things released on the "Project T" videos go to the USDM market???

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:50 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
Don't most things released on the "Project T" videos go to the USDM market???

Very possible, although I didn't see Bret or Ish in that video, all shot in Japan all in Japanese. More to come I am sure. I think it's safe to say this reel will not bypass the JDM Market.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:10 pm

At 30mm O.D., I dont think the spool would need to be shallow to be a BFS spool. Even a deep spool wont hold much line with that small an O.D.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:25 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:At 30mm O.D., I dont think the spool would need to be shallow to be a BFS spool. Even a deep spool wont hold much line with that small an O.D.
65 yards of 14 lb... So on and so forth

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:At 30mm O.D., I dont think the spool would need to be shallow to be a BFS spool. Even a deep spool wont hold much line with that small an O.D.
Which means way too much 6 or 8
This is the way.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:39 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Don't forget, the SV spools are designed to be filled only halfway for BFS, to make the spool lighter and more capable with light lines and lures.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:09 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sir of course the same could be typed for every spinning reel I have used for smallmouth for forty years (before shallow spools or included arbors with Zebco Cardinals). Nothing some backing won't cure. I'm liking this reel for my river smallie uses with a F1 and small top waters. I'll be interested to see if any US staffers appear with it in hand in upcoming clips. Last year at this time Zona and Feider showed off the Ryoga in these same clips and of course here it was. I see the Alphas Air just hit TW. May be a good sign for availability of this one here. We'll see.
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.