Spool System

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Spool System

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:05 pm

How do you know what spool you have in which reel when they look alike or you have several of the same platform that
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Spool System

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Even with 20 combos in rotation, I still remember which spool is in which reel. Like my wife says, my head is full of useless information.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:47 pm

:big grin:

I had a matrix with rods reels upgrades and techniques all logged
Been traveling so I don’t remember what I did with it.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:19 pm

I just tend to remember what’s in what reel 9/10 times. Some are dead giveaway’s like my Zpi spools, and others I know by color or what the reel is. I know my Alphas sv and Zonda 68 both have the same spool. The SV103’s have the same spools also but in different colors. I guess because I use certain combos so much it has just stuck itself there.