Daiwa Tierra 153h performance

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Moosehead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa Tierra 153h performance

Post by Moosehead » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:20 am

Ok, so I gave my son two mint Daiwa Tierras baitcasters, after PX-R drag stars, bearing upgrades, drag upgrades, Zillion handles, these reels are fantastic. They are his designated worm and jig reels. Never paid much attention to the Advantage 153h, 153hst, 153hsta series but for being a little on the heavy and large side these are superb all around reels... I will be looking into these reels a little more, he is learning with a quality well put together reel...I guess I basically built an advantage 153hsta except in blue...

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa Tierra 153h performance

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:17 am

That entire line was THE workhorse, if you couldn't afford a Zillion. A little heavy, yes, but nearly indestructible. I just bought a couple for backups/loaners.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.