What's next for Shimano???

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What's next for Shimano???

Post by Sore Thumb » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:49 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sore Thumb wrote:Probably never happen, but a 50 size Conquest would sell big time.
Didn't that exist a while ago? Years ago that is... Think it was just a 100 with different spool capacity though. I watched that video again, not sure they are talking about the Aldebaran MGL. Trying to find a video I know for sure is before that one where they do mention it, that way I know the "secret" reel isn't just a revamped Aldy.
Yes it was done years ago. Different size frame, not just the spool. Would still like an updated version.

cbburke74
Angler
Angler

Post by cbburke74 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:09 am

bigfruits wrote:core 71 please
YES - I need more CORE !

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:17 am

I fish inshore much more than freshwater, so I’d like to see some compact saltwater reels brought to our shores like they have in Japan. Seems like every company thinks they need huge line capacity for inshore fishing, which isn’t the case. We throw a lot of baits in the 3/16/1/4oz range, and the smaller spools help a lot. The Chronarch G works well, but wouldn’t mind another oz. removed from the weight and less line capacity. Some blue highlights would be nice, good to see they actually used blue with the SLX. Adding drag clickers to more reels would also be a nice addition.
Last edited by Jeffbro999 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:52 am

Anytime I can get a 50 size round reel, or I should say another, I will take. Love the ones I have and would use a new one more as it is replaceable, not like the old ones that are mainly shelf queens.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:03 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sore Thumb wrote:Probably never happen, but a 50 size Conquest would sell big time.
Didn't that exist a while ago? Years ago that is... Think it was just a 100 with different spool capacity though. I watched that video again, not sure they are talking about the Aldebaran MGL. Trying to find a video I know for sure is before that one where they do mention it, that way I know the "secret" reel isn't just a revamped Aldy.
The Conquest 50 was a smaller version of the other Conquests and it wasn’t anywhere near as big as the Conquest 100.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:34 pm

John G wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
The Conquest 50 was a smaller version of the other Conquests and it wasn’t anywhere near as big as the Conquest 100.
I hate the new Conquest BFS is the same size as the 100. Same ting with the T3 AIR. They couldnt have made it a little smaller?
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:11 pm

John G wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Wow. I looked up on this and was totally off. Just figured they didn't make one smaller than the Conquest 100. Never owned a reel of that caliber so I probably wasn't best to speak on that. Cool to find out they made a tiny round reel though.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:32 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
John G wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Wow. I looked up on this and was totally off. Just figured they didn't make one smaller than the Conquest 100. Never owned a reel of that caliber so I probably wasn't best to speak on that. Cool to find out they made a tiny round reel though.
I regret selling the Conquest 50’s that I had. I’m looking for a particular BFS spool for one and then I will get another one. Here is a great write up on the Conquest 50.

http://tackletour.com/reviewshimanoconquest.html

DChiWildcats
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DChiWildcats » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Was just wishing how I kept my Core 100 MG7’s. That would be amazing if the brought out a Core MGL.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 am

I wonder if the Core was a Metanium/Bantam/Chronarch level reel. I wasn't big into fishing equipment then, remember seeing them but never looked into it.

Also maybe Bantam could shed some light on whether there is actually something else finesse capable coming or if that video was just referring to the Alde MGL...

Think I owe everyone an apology. I watched those videos again, I was listening with headphones and surfing internet while so. I guess there isn't a "BFS" Zodias coming, it is just the Expride A, which we knew about a while ago so I for sure figure they were speaking of the Aldebaran MGL now. I just got excited and confused by when TW released the video and some how got it in my head that the Zodias line had those models mentioned in the Expride video coming. Simple mistake...

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:35 am

DirtyD64 wrote:I wonder if the Core was a Metanium/Bantam/Chronarch level reel. I wasn't big into fishing equipment then, remember seeing them but never looked into it.

Also maybe Bantam could shed some light on whether there is actually something else finesse capable coming or if that video was just referring to the Alde MGL...
The Core was an American version of the older JDM Aldebarans. So those wanting a Core mgl now there is already the Alde mgl same thing.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:03 pm

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:I wonder if the Core was a Metanium/Bantam/Chronarch level reel. I wasn't big into fishing equipment then, remember seeing them but never looked into it.

The Core was an American version of the older JDM Aldebarans. So those wanting a Core mgl now there is already the Alde mgl same thing.
Well, there was the Core 50MG7 that was the 09Aldebaran MG, then there was the Core100's that were based on the Metanium.
<")))><{

papagravey
Angler
Angler

Post by papagravey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:17 pm

I just got a core that’s in great shape. It feels great. It actually feels better than my chronarch c14 but not better than my 13 met

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:41 pm

Core 50mg7 is nice for its lightweight but the new 70's and even the Ci4 will handily out cast it.
stock vs stock

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:53 am

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:Core 50mg7 is nice for its lightweight but the new 70's and even the Ci4 will handily out cast it.
stock vs stock
Couldn’t agree more, it’s not even close. The control of the VBS brakes was nice I guess, but always felt like they were holding the reel back on distance. The finesse VBS system will bomb some baits though, from light to heavy.