What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
AlgonquinFan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Post by AlgonquinFan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:40 pm

Those yellow Type-R Tatulas have been out for a long time now (see eBay, Eastackle, 7 Seas Proshop, etc.)
Last edited by AlgonquinFan on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:49 pm

timinmo wrote:Well who wants a $700 Steez? Just saying.
You and I just purchased the Exist. Just saying :)
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:26 pm

I know Travis but I am in the business of selling tackle and at $700 the market is limited. Probably just to idiots like me.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:29 pm

If I could get my hands on a dozen of those yellow Tats I think they would sell in the US. Kind reminds me of the yellow Pixys.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:12 pm

timinmo wrote:If I could get my hands on a dozen of those yellow Tats I think they would sell in the US. Kind reminds me of the yellow Pixys.
Go on ebay and see how many of those have sold and where they sold. I dont think they are as popular here as you think. The lowest price seller has sold 12 since September, and that's with the vast comsumer base of ebay.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Where does one find those those ugly blue/yellow reels? I just might need one!
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:05 pm

1nutinthewater wrote:Where does one find those those ugly blue/yellow reels? I just might need one!
No joke, that might be my first Megabass/Steez. I'm a sucker for chartreuse.
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 pm

poisonokie wrote:
1nutinthewater wrote:Where does one find those those ugly blue/yellow reels? I just might need one!
No joke, that might be my first Megabass/Steez. I'm a sucker for chartreuse.
Being it has a Megabass handle with ebay Tacker knobs, I'm assuming it's a custom build - custom paint.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Well seeing now that Shimano has a Scorpion MGL, I figure we will see something new from Daiwa in that range? I hate to say it, but I don't see much better than my Zillion SV TW's or Chronarch MGL. Going to be hard to buy something new unless one of them steps it up big.

Would love to see a Zillion CT or something in between the Steez and Tatula variants... I know I have heard they are potentially doing away with the name, which is ridiculous, like Chevy doing away with the Silverado name, but I can hope. Might just start saving a bit longer and going with Steez variants or higher end Shimano's.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:54 am

DirtyD64 wrote:Well seeing now that Shimano has a Scorpion MGL, I figure we will see something new from Daiwa in that range? I hate to say it, but I don't see much better than my Zillion SV TW's or Chronarch MGL. Going to be hard to buy something new unless one of them steps it up big.

Would love to see a Zillion CT or something in between the Steez and Tatula variants... I know I have heard they are potentially doing away with the name, which is ridiculous, like Chevy doing away with the Silverado name, but I can hope. Might just start saving a bit longer and going with Steez variants or higher end Shimano's.
Daiwa is all on in on these 70 size reels with 30 mm spools.
Alphas SV 70 is the new SV Presso
Steez SV 70 is the NEW SV Pixy
Of course this is just my opinion, but it sure seems this way. Right down to the orange spacers, cast cap and handle nut retainer.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm

http://www.daiwa.com/scandinavia/conten ... index.html

Reel's been out since Feb of 2018..never heard of it. The SV spool in it is the same tatula SV style /w the shaft. Not free floating.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:51 pm

iabass8 wrote:http://www.daiwa.com/scandinavia/conten ... index.html

Reel's been out since Feb of 2018..never heard of it. The SV spool in it is the same tatula SV style /w the shaft. Not free floating.
There is a matching AGS rod too
http://www.daiwa.com/scandinavia/conten ... index.html
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:04 am

Gotta get me one of the purple handles though.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:39 am

domthewon wrote:

Same, wonder if it would match the trim of Daiwa's other purples... Looks like it.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Same, wonder if it would match the trim of Daiwa's other purples... Looks like it.
I found 3 videos on youtube for the reel. It's pretty readily available for purchase, too. I can't tell if it's the "CT" 100 size or something different from the videos. Some angles make it look smaller, some angles make it look larger.