What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:A lot of talks about reels...anybody excited about Daiwa rods? Havent really been on the lookout

Yes; for light and no sinker presentations the steez werewolf is howling; bastard is keeping me up. Might have to do something about it.

The monkey on the other hand is bat sh@& over the racing design 701 MH / HFB Texas Rig Specialty

http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/ro ... index.html
Shoot, thats a new rod in the lineup. If I knew that...

I always eyeballed the 7011HRB "Jigga Stick" if it were 7'4-7'7"...it would be mine.

I got suckered into a NFC blank sale. Couldnt talk myself into making sense of spending WAY more for a Steez RD when I could build a very capable rod for like 4x less
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 pm

Houndfish wrote:
poisonokie wrote: That looks pretty cool. I'll have to download that.

I wonder if Kimi Raikonnen honed his rally skills in an automatic Mercedes Diesel... :-k
The game is literal insanity, I have no idea what I am doing and then I realize four hours have passed. It's not *fun* in the normal sense but it's very compelling somehow.
Like a lot of Finnish drivers, Raikonnen honed his driving skills in a rather unique series of racing. I can not remember the name but all drivers and teams can build the car to whatever specification they desire. They then all race and at the end of each race, any other team can come up to the winning team and buy their car. Sounds great, except that the car must be sold for a set price, usually around say $1000. Sorts the drivers out from the mechanics.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:48 am

^ That’s Rally of ’Jokamiesluokka’, ’Jokkis’ or ’JM’. Not correct translation, but it means Rally for everymen (or women). Yes, it’s popular here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoISH26LkOE
poisonokie wrote:I wonder if Kimi Raikonnen honed his rally skills in an automatic Mercedes Diesel... :-k
Sure not :D but in Interview that I lastly saw, hi was asked: “which kind of car hi like to drive in his freetime?” (Hi drove Ferrari during that interview). Answer was something like this: “In Finland I own small Van and little Fiat. Most important in car is that there is automatic transmission and cruise control. During work time I have enough doing with pressing buttons in car.”

[And moreover to that, when Kimi was young, then automatic transmission was such luxury product that only few people here paid for that. And those times automatic transmissions were inefficient. It have become common after our government released used cars importing from Germany. Which happened because EU pretty much forced our governement to do that.]

I found that interview (It's with English subtitles):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJQFCPJZBIU
I didn't remember correct. Kimi said that in Finland his has Iveco Van (and no Fiat), but Alfa obviously in Switzerland.
And hi said that hi learned to drive in age of 11 in their yard with old Lada :D

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Think KVD fishes a two piece Zebco combo in his free time?
This is the way.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:43 pm

Got a chance to check out the steez ct sv tw today at a fishing show in northern Illinois. Really small reel. Was told it would be expensive but no exact price.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:27 pm

Mike son wrote:Got a chance to check out the steez ct sv tw today at a fishing show in northern Illinois. Really small reel. Was told it would be expensive but no exact price.
How small? Alphas small? Expensive is relative. Hell, I thought the non-TW SV series were spendy.
This is the way.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:17 am

poisonokie wrote:
Mike son wrote:Got a chance to check out the steez ct sv tw today at a fishing show in northern Illinois. Really small reel. Was told it would be expensive but no exact price.
How small? Alphas small? Expensive is relative. Hell, I thought the non-TW SV series were spendy.
Not a daiwa guy myself so I cant compare to an alphas but I do have a steez sv tw, it is much smaller than that. The frame is not as wide in the front. Feels about the size of the aldebaran 50 and it palms very nicely especially with the dial on the bottom of the side plate. The spool looks tiny in person. The rep didnt know the price but he inferred it would be more expensive than the steez sv tw we had been speaking about prior when I asked about the price. Sorry my first post was a little vague haha :doh:

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Mike son wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
Not a daiwa guy myself so I cant compare to an alphas but I do have a steez sv tw, it is much smaller than that. The frame is not as wide in the front. Feels about the size of the aldebaran 50 and it palms very nicely especially with the dial on the bottom of the side plate. The spool looks tiny in person. The rep didnt know the price but he inferred it would be more expensive than the steez sv tw we had been speaking about prior when I asked about the price. Sorry my first post was a little vague haha :doh:
While not set in concrete, the pricing on digitaka, would suggest otherwise.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 pm

I'm more worried about what the Millionaire is gonna go for, especially since they probably won't be available stateside. That's the one I really want.
This is the way.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:32 pm

poisonokie wrote:Think KVD fishes a two piece Zebco combo in his free time?
Not sure about KVD, but I actually do fish that combo in a little pond by the house. Banks are so overgrown that I cant cast any other kind of setup.....although, it is a Zebco Omega ZO3 combo, so its definitely not a 33.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:08 am

poisonokie wrote:I'm more worried about what the Millionaire is gonna go for, especially since they probably won't be available stateside. That's the one I really want.
Daiwa Japan has msrp listed

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Plat has preorder for the alphas for ~$256. Not that bad! I see one in my future, I think.
This is the way.

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:20 am

poisonokie wrote:I'm more worried about what the Millionaire is gonna go for, especially since they probably won't be available stateside. That's the one I really want.

Digitaka has it listed for $420...
2018 Ranger RT 188 w / 115 PRO XS CT

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:29 pm

DigaTaka will have them for $475.00 when in stock
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:22 pm

Any body seen an actual side by side comparison with an OG, or have actual dimensions for the CT Millionaire?