What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Post by poisonokie » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
MardukFIN wrote:What is this?!

Body match with CT Steez but colour doesn't?!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwOYjEFj7V ... UcEC2htoaU

I'm going to be really peaved if the US version is Jet Black and I already hoofed a JDM with 4 different shades of grey.
I see my first real Steez in the near future! =D>
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

It's all trickery. I'm pretty sure there will only be one color.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Teal101 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:I feel bad to complain, and I know it is an easy fix, but do the 80mm handles only bother me??? I enjoyed my SS/SV and Alphas SV so much more with 100mm/90mm respectively. I do think that the Steez A was better suited with a stock 90mm (used on Alphas), but the Tatula HD handle I added with the bigger Ryoga style knobs fit the Steez A great.

My question on these new CT reels is whether the basic Daiwa style 90mm handles will work, the lock plate design is a bit different and it had me confused.
A lot of us prefer 80mm handles for bottom contact work so we can get a quicker handle rotation and get line in faster. 90mm+ for torque applications.
I like 90mm for general purpose, 100mm for torque/slowing down. I will admit the 100mm on my Steez A looks a little funny, but with the XH ratio, it slows me down when normally fishing and I can still buzz lures in when necessary. I'm not really a big guy, nor do I have big hands, just for some reason 90-100mm stuck well. Still have my stock Alphas SV handle somewhere, ought to sell it.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:

Can you not. Rain. On my parade?
This is the way.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:

It has a Dawia logo on the palm plate that the current Steez CT 70 does not have. This would indicate that the reel has different pain that the JDM Steez CT 70.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 pm

LowRange wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

It has a Dawia logo on the palm plate that the current Steez CT 70 does not have. This would indicate that the reel has different pain that the JDM Steez CT 70.
...or it just means that they put the stylized "D" logo on the USDM model, but not on the JDM version. :big grin:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:46 pm

The JDM version has the Vector D on the palm plate same as the US

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

...or it just means that they put the stylized "D" logo on the USDM model, but not on the JDM version. :big grin:
Yes, I believe it's called photo editing? I mean hopefully I'm wrong. Two flavors would be cool, but I don't recall Daiwa making two separate same reels different colors for different markets in the past? If it is black, maybe that would explain the price difference?

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote: Two flavors would be cool, but I don't recall Daiwa making two separate same reels different colors for different markets in the past? If it is black, maybe that would explain the price difference?
If the executives at Daiwa were smart they would have an intern who does nothing but read TT and write reports about what people post. I bet they could make any money this costs back ten fold just making minor tweaks to get more reels sold to the thousand or so people who post here.

Somewhere in Japan, at this very moment, a 20-something sitting in a small cubical makes a tick mark in the "Steez CT: Different Color Schemes: Positive Response" box and is really regretting getting their major in Marketing. :big grin:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:45 pm

For the supposed price difference that "D" vector logo better be 24k gold.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:53 pm

SSS wrote:
goldrod wrote:
SSS wrote:I want a Z1016
I want a Z1016
I want a Z1016
I want a Z1016
I want a Z1016

Hello? I want a Z1016! Would prefer a Magnesium model with brass gears weighting no more than 6.5oz. And i don't want a T wing on it. Leave the sexy looking frame as is.

Shimano gave you the bantam
No 3D brakes. Centrifugal brakes. Line guide too close to the spool making it a meh caster (from what i've heard that is). And most importantly above everything else, it doesn't support the steez 34mm spools which is a must for me because i swap spools a ton.

Bantam is not an answer :(
I've had anglers tell me that I could not catch bass on a jig on the st. Johns and I caught a Six pounder and catch fish often on them.

Dont believe everything you hear..

I love the Bantam and I dont have an issue with the line guide. I also dont go golfing in my boat so I think every reel has its strengths and areas of improvements. The bantam fits my fishing style just great, that being said I am not casting crappie jigs with it either. If shimano were to upgrade the brakes on the bantam it would have to be made by brembo for people to stop crying about brakes and recommence crying about distance. I love my Daiwa Z and my steez line ups.

I dont change spools to often. When I configure a reel I am starting with a purpose of a system in mind which includes the rod. The 1010 spools are flippin and pitching spools with braid or floro, ZPI M spool was for mid cranks that helps make casting the DTS rod just that much better using a TDZ Type R plus. I am using a TDZ type r plus on an IMX843 rod with the ZPI PG spool for spinnerbaits and walk the dog mega bass diamonte with amarillo line.. Total system concept is what i set out from the start and every component comprises the idea of maximizing, efficient-izing and enjoying
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Yes, I believe it's called photo editing? I mean hopefully I'm wrong. Two flavors would be cool, but I don't recall Daiwa making two separate same reels different colors for different markets in the past? If it is black, maybe that would explain the price difference?
They have had different colors for the US and JDM Tatula HD reels for a while now. They even released region specific color variants with the Tatula CT CS reels. I wouldn't be surprised if they released the Steez CT 70 with black paint, 90mm handle and even did away with color coded accents or at least did away with the purple accents for 8:1 ratios due to US market tastes.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:35 pm

LowRange wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote: It's all trickery. I'm pretty sure there will only be one color.
They have had different colors for the US and JDM Tatula HD reels for a while now. They even released region specific color variants with the Tatula CT CS reels. I wouldn't be surprised if they released the Steez CT 70 with black paint, 90mm handle and even did away with color coded accents or at least did away with the purple accents for 8:1 ratios due to US market tastes.
Cool

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Houndfish wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote: Two flavors would be cool, but I don't recall Daiwa making two separate same reels different colors for different markets in the past? If it is black, maybe that would explain the price difference?
If the executives at Daiwa were smart they would have an intern who does nothing but read TT and write reports about what people post. I bet they could make any money this costs back ten fold just making minor tweaks to get more reels sold to the thousand or so people who post here.

Somewhere in Japan, at this very moment, a 20-something sitting in a small cubical makes a tick mark in the "Steez CT: Different Color Schemes: Positive Response" box and is really regretting getting their major in Marketing. :big grin:
Keep in mind that we here account for a relatively small percentage.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Houndfish wrote: Keep in mind that we here account for a relatively small percentage.
Oh I know, but it is amazing to me how big the market for high-end bass fishing tackle must be for so much of it to get produced when it seems like it's maybe 2000-3000 weirdos on the internet selling each other used tackle in an never-ending upgrade spiral.

I honestly would not even venture a guess at how many say Steez SV TW reels were sold in the US, I wouldn't even know how to start.