What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Post by joekaz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
joekaz wrote:
joekaz wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tim Kelly wrote:
I assumed it was just the predictable Tatula 100 SV, which will inevitably come out.
My thoughts as well
But when I hit the pause button while he is casting the reel, I can not see a mag dial like on the Tatula.
Also noticed he is holding a palm side plate that looks new. Looks like a partially covered mag dial.

Check out middle of three frames around 1:08. Right at that point looks like a “regular” exposed round mag dial by his pointer finger, which for some reason is not discernible earlier at around 1:06 when he’s mid cast. That’s my detective work. I don’t know maybe I’m seeing things.
I noticed the same thing. Pretty sure they are two different reels.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:27 pm

New project T video up: https://youtu.be/8sQeZToR8Pc

Appears to just be a new... Tatula TW. ](*,)

Watching the Diawa pros try to come up with praises was awkward. Came across as pretty forced & salesman-ish. In fairness, it appears to be an entry level model & they all use much better Diawa reels(especially T. Namiki).

Hopefully Daiwa has some higher end offerings in the works(and hopefully some of them won’t have T-wings).

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Is that a slightly larger version of the 100?

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:20 am

Tim Kelly wrote:Is that a slightly larger version of the 100?
It is just the Japan debut of our us version except it has a metal handle cap.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:33 am

joekaz wrote:
Tim Kelly wrote:Is that a slightly larger version of the 100?
It is just the Japan debut of our us version except it has a metal handle cap.
LOL. They really need to give up the project T thing until they have something worthwhile to say.

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:08 pm

In the Project T begins vid where Brandon twitches a rod and reel a couple times I am seeing a new Steez reel. I think the mag dial sticks out of the bottom of the side plate kind of like the latest Curado 200's. This new dial placement would narrow the front of the reel down some. Could someone with more computer savvy then me post some screen shots of the reels Brandon is using.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Looks like the Tatula 100 to me. Exposed mag dial. White blob on the front is likely the white Daiwa logo found on the Tatula 100. The mag dial is not visible when casting due to the angle of the reel but when he is speaking to the reps it is clearly visible. The T wing also appears to be silver I color which is also consistent with the Tatula 100.

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 pm

LowRange wrote:Image
Looks like the Tatula 100 to me. Exposed mag dial. White blob on the front is likely the white Daiwa logo found on the Tatula 100. The mag dial is not visible when casting due to the angle of the reel but when he is speaking to the reps it is clearly visible. The T wing also appears to be silver I color which is also consistent with the Tatula 100.
Yes, that is the Tatula, but the other reels he handles are not. The first reel he casts looks longer and there is something shiny at the bottom of the side plate. Later. he is holding a side plate and you can see a partially covered dial. The last reel he is holding is a steez. When I hit pause at just the right moment I can see some changes to the front.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:46 pm

It's the new Steez A DC TW SV PFMG (Power Finesse MagSeal)...Sorry to let the cat out of the bag. :lol:

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:It's the new Steez A DC TW SV PFMG (Power Finesse MagSeal)...Sorry to let the cat out of the bag. :lol:
You forgot to add the Clutch Drive System (CDS). Variable gear ratios via clutch and micro shifter
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Imagewhat does a forensic anthropologist do on a daily basis

This thing. I thought it was an old Tatula at 1st because the top of the frame is so flat but has the Steez logo on the face plate. Looks to be some new Steez reel.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Could be the lighter Steez I mentioned earlier. Let's hope so.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:13 pm

LowRange wrote:Imagewhat does a forensic anthropologist do on a daily basis

This thing. I thought it was an old Tatula at 1st because the top of the frame is so flat but has the Steez logo on the face plate. Looks to be some new Steez reel.
What's the time in the video on this screen shot?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Could be the lighter Steez I mentioned earlier. Let's hope so.
Looks like a M or lighter rod too. Could be that lighter Steez. I havent had any problems with mine and I havent read problems with any others. Maybe they are willing to lighten it a tad further...it will be nuts
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:00 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
LowRange wrote:Imagewhat does a forensic anthropologist do on a daily basis

What's the time in the video on this screen shot?
My best shot was 1.11. Also check out 1.06 and 1.10. Everything happens so quick so I have to click the pause and play very fast to get a clear shot.