What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What's REALLY next for Daiwa

Post by poisonokie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:33 pm

joekaz wrote:Daiwa Project T 2019 "begins" vid is out.
Lol, doesn't tell you jack sh--...
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:42 am

poisonokie wrote:
Yay, another Tatula...... Nobody ever said

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:36 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
Yay, another Tatula...... Nobody ever said
:lol: Its their "bread and butter" line. We will see a Type R and an SV version soon id imagine.
<")))><{

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:01 am

If people keep buying them, they'll keep making them. There's no denying it works and it will be interesting to see how far they take it. That said, I never got excited about the CT platform and probably never will. I do love the Zillions, though. Hopefully Project T 2019 will expand on those. With only 2 ratios of one version here in the US, there's certainly room to expand. Zillion Type R, buddy. Plus they may introduce some new technology to complement the system they've already developed. Who knows? Certainly no one who watched that pointless video. :roll:
This is the way.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:10 am

Yeah, no denying that video "sucked". :lol: What a way to keep us hanging. ](*,)
<")))><{

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:24 pm

I would like to see a bfs version of the Steez A with 32mm spool like the SV Light. There currently isn't anything in their BFS range with t wing. Then maybe a Steez A HD with brass gears and back up antireverse pawl. And if they added a back up antireverse pawl and hyper digigears to the new 2018 Zillion HD it would be perfect for big fish.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:I was just told that Daiwa is perhaps coming out with a smaller, lighter version of the Steez SV TW. He didn't elaborate though. Perhaps a Type R? Tell us more SB!
:shock:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:I would like to see a bfs version of the Steez A with 32mm spool like the SV Light. There currently isn't anything in their BFS range with t wing. Then maybe a Steez A HD with brass gears and back up antireverse pawl. And if they added a back up antireverse pawl and hyper digigears to the new 2018 Zillion HD it would be perfect for big fish.
2018 Zillion HD with all that would be unstoppable. Wonder when Daiwa last used a dual anti reverse system. Also wonder what the future of the hyper digigears are, they won't stay in the Ryoga alone I hope. Someone mentioned an updated Steez SV TW, that shocked me a bit.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:28 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote:I would like to see a bfs version of the Steez A with 32mm spool like the SV Light. There currently isn't anything in their BFS range with t wing. Then maybe a Steez A HD with brass gears and back up antireverse pawl. And if they added a back up antireverse pawl and hyper digigears to the new 2018 Zillion HD it would be perfect for big fish.
2018 Zillion HD with all that would be unstoppable. Wonder when Daiwa last used a dual anti reverse system. Also wonder what the future of the hyper digigears are, they won't stay in the Ryoga alone I hope. Someone mentioned an updated Steez SV TW, that shocked me a bit.
And updated Steez SV TW shocked me too. Although....remember in the JDM advertisement, Daiwa mentioned they could have made it lighter. It was during the Steez anniversary.

Maybe it was in front of us all along????????
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:30 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
And updated Steez SV TW shocked me too. Although....remember in the JDM advertisement, Daiwa mentioned they could have made it lighter. It was during the Steez anniversary.

Maybe, if I had control of that at Daiwa, the new releases would include a 90mm handle. That is one of the reasons I bought a Steez A and added knobs, spool, etc. Just sucks that the style of the 80mm SV TW handle looks better, but the 90mm Steez A handle feels better. Other than that, I really don't know what they could improve on. If they are trying to make it lighter it obviously won't get brass gears (and the aluminum gears seem to hold up fine). Also even though I think about this "trickling down technology" I am not sure about the hyper micro mesh gears in the new Ryoga. Wasn't there someone on here who reported having some issues with them??? I still never found out if they are closer to Conquest level micro module or Metanium/Bantam/Chronarch/Curado level micro module tooth size...

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:41 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

Maybe, if I had control of that at Daiwa, the new releases would include a 90mm handle. That is one of the reasons I bought a Steez A and added knobs, spool, etc. Just sucks that the style of the 80mm SV TW handle looks better, but the 90mm Steez A handle feels better. Other than that, I really don't know what they could improve on. If they are trying to make it lighter it obviously won't get brass gears (and the aluminum gears seem to hold up fine). Also even though I think about this "trickling down technology" I am not sure about the hyper micro mesh gears in the new Ryoga. Wasn't there someone on here who reported having some issues with them??? I still never found out if they are closer to Conquest level micro module or Metanium/Bantam/Chronarch/Curado level micro module tooth size...
I totally agree with the handle statement. Using an 80mm handle on a non-BFS reel is a little archaic.

About "what they can improve upon", think back 10 years. Are the products of today what we imagined? I am stuggling how the Steez SV TW could get better too. Being lighter...sure but, at what expense? I dont want it to geel like a plastic toy and have it blow up. I also dont want to pay 150 bucks more for some space age materials that make the reel 30% lighter.

Slightly off topic. I still think the Pixy and Alphas NEED a frame update. It is good how it is but...i feel the same basic design for 10 or so years deserves an upgrade. Even if it gets a Steez SV TW like treatment near the clutch of the reel.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:02 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

I totally agree with the handle statement. Using an 80mm handle on a non-BFS reel is a little archaic.

About "what they can improve upon", think back 10 years. Are the products of today what we imagined? I am stuggling how the Steez SV TW could get better too. Being lighter...sure but, at what expense? I dont want it to geel like a plastic toy and have it blow up. I also dont want to pay 150 bucks more for some space age materials that make the reel 30% lighter.

Slightly off topic. I still think the Pixy and Alphas NEED a frame update. It is good how it is but...i feel the same basic design for 10 or so years deserves an upgrade. Even if it gets a Steez SV TW like treatment near the clutch of the reel.
You could lose your TackleTour credentials for that statemnent. :big grin:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:30 am

Some technologies start to level off. Sure there are breakthroughs that jump way above expectations, but some things stay leveled off. I think reels are approaching this point. You can only go so light and cast so far whilst still having enough strength and rigidity to stay smooth after years of fighting fish.

Something I think about is television's picture quality. You can only go to such a resolution before it literally looks like you are there, and it's getting close. So then they can only go bigger or start using virtual reality to give us something "better".

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:06 am

Some more new stuff beginning to trickle out:

New Lexa spinning. Looks like some nice tech trickle down. http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/re ... index.html

And refreshed steez baitcast rods http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/ro ... index.html

http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/new_item/index.html

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:04 am

And that Lexa is Aluminum! I would be excited if I hadn't recently sworn off spinning reels.
This is the way.