2019 wishes

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
papagravey
Angler
Angler

2019 wishes

Post by papagravey » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:33 pm

What are you guys wishes in the fishing reel market for 2019. I’m personally hoping for a Shimano Conquest 100 or 200 dc! What are some other cool items you want to see?

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2019 wishes

Post by iabass8 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Would like to see some sort of SV103 Type R.

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:34 pm

My wish from 2014 to 2019. Daiwa Baby Z :lol:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Bass1980 wrote:My wish from 2014 to 2019. Daiwa Baby Z :lol:
This. A $300 range Daiwa, a miniature Z2020 would compete well with the Bantam MGL. I'd also like to see a SV105 replacement with a shallow spool.

On the Shimano side, a Curado K70 or Curado 70MGL would be awesome. I like the Aldebaran but worry about the super light weight and aluminum gears (not to mention $420 tag), so a lighter spooled Curado 70 with the extra drive shaft bearing would be awesome. I know it makes no sense for marketing/sales, but personally a Chronarch 50MGL would be unreal. They could use a composite version of the Curado 70 frame with the Chronarch MGL features...

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:23 am

Id like to see a new Type R reel myself. Something of the Zillion platform. Maybe a retro style reel as well from Daiwa. I liked what they did with the SV103 reels.
<")))><{

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:31 am

Maybe an update to the Alphas/Pixy line. Lighter weight, more compact frame, lighter spool(though not too shallow on the spool). Maybe an update on the Tatula SV built on the new Tat frame. Also, bring back a budget spinning reel with aluminum frame. The new LT frame reels are nice, but I dont see gear -longevity built into any reel on a composite frame. And Shimano needs to introduce an aluminum frame version of the Aldebaran and call it the Chronarch 50. I could get on board with that!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:41 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:Maybe an update to the Alphas/Pixy line. Lighter weight, more compact frame, lighter spool(though not too shallow on the spool). Maybe an update on the Tatula SV built on the new Tat frame. Also, bring back a budget spinning reel with aluminum frame. The new LT frame reels are nice, but I dont see gear -longevity built into any reel on a composite frame. And Shimano needs to introduce an aluminum frame version of the Aldebaran and call it the Chronarch 50. I could get on board with that!
I like that thought about the Chronarch 50, but I feel they assume the Curado 70 and Bantam fill the small reel/tough frame niche. Really wish they would make something finesse oriented cheaper than the Aldebaran though. I assume we can actually expect the Type-R 100 though (probably around BM Classic) followed by a Zillion 100. Maybe they could use the LT design but with a light aluminum frame and brass gears, to compete with the Sustain. Would be cool to not only have the Stradic's counterpart be the Ballistic LT but to also have an aluminum version with maybe a different style gear. I still haven't tried the new Daiwa spinners with aluminum gears, but hear good things (still can't leave my Stradics).

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:06 am

Z1016. Come the f on Daiwa...

They know for many years people want em, but for some stupid reasons, refuse to make one. I want 3D brakes back. It was such a great features especially when using R and R+ spools.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:11 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:Maybe an update to the Alphas/Pixy line. Lighter weight, more compact frame, lighter spool(though not too shallow on the spool). Maybe an update on the Tatula SV built on the new Tat frame. Also, bring back a budget spinning reel with aluminum frame. The new LT frame reels are nice, but I dont see gear -longevity built into any reel on a composite frame. And Shimano needs to introduce an aluminum frame version of the Aldebaran and call it the Chronarch 50. I could get on board with that!
Updates on Tats is all we've been getting for the last few years. It gets old when all we're getting is an update to a boring reel.

Even tho they're good reels, i wish they were never released. Daiwa focuses too much on this model and its TW.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 am

I have always wondered if they could market a new 3D style braking for SV spools. I know the 2 were available on a certain T3 variant, but I mean something new. Have a loose setting for larger lures and long casting, a medium all purpose setting, and maybe a strong setting for skips. I would like to see maybe a bolt on the spool shaft that could add/subtract distance from the inductor's range, changing the braking. I understand the 20 settings they have now get the job done, but I still like to draw out all of my crazy mechanism inventions.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:35 am

Magforce 3D is interesting. I used for a fishing day a reel with that. Couple of times I was thinking that now I found best settings of Magforce. And after that I tried all new combination of adjustments. After a day I decided that ‘overall’ adjustment of 3D is just fine :-)

But yes, standard Magforce adjustment just turns magnets and that has effect to power of magnetic field. And 3D does different thing: it moves magnets to closer to inductor. So these adjustments does different things and those have different effects to braking profile. But still I’m mostly happy to standard Magforce. But I wan’t to play different spools and inductors.

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:53 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Bass1980 wrote:My wish from 2014 to 2019. Daiwa Baby Z :lol:
This. A $300 range Daiwa, a miniature Z2020 would compete well with the Bantam MGL. I'd also like to see a SV105 replacement with a shallow spool.

On the Shimano side, a Curado K70 or Curado 70MGL would be awesome. I like the Aldebaran but worry about the super light weight and aluminum gears (not to mention $420 tag), so a lighter spooled Curado 70 with the extra drive shaft bearing would be awesome. I know it makes no sense for marketing/sales, but personally a Chronarch 50MGL would be unreal. They could use a composite version of the Curado 70 frame with the Chronarch MGL features...
Love the baby Z idea. Would also like to see an updated Shimano Core 50mg7 variant with brass gears and mgl tech.
Last edited by johnnybassboat on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlgonquinFan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by AlgonquinFan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:29 am

2500 size ABU Record with IVCB. It'll never happen but I can always dream.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:06 am

Would like to see more Shimano mod parts. And for some of their higher end reels go back to aluminum frames. Not a fan of non-aluminum framed reels. And how about a Chronarch DC?
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:41 pm

jvelth74 wrote:Magforce 3D is interesting. I used for a fishing day a reel with that. Couple of times I was thinking that now I found best settings of Magforce. And after that I tried all new combination of adjustments. After a day I decided that ‘overall’ adjustment of 3D is just fine :-)

But yes, standard Magforce adjustment just turns magnets and that has effect to power of magnetic field. And 3D does different thing: it moves magnets to closer to inductor. So these adjustments does different things and those have different effects to braking profile. But still I’m mostly happy to standard Magforce. But I wan’t to play different spools and inductors.
It's awesome because it's like 3 spools in one. It's a shame they faked us out with what looks like a Magforce 3D set plate on the Steez TW. I would've had to get one. And hide it from the wife...
This is the way.