2019 wishes

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 2019 wishes

Post by LowRange » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:53 pm

poisonokie wrote: It's a shame they faked us out with what looks like a Magforce 3D set plate on the Steez TW.
I will never get over this. : ](*,)

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:58 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Maybe an update to the Alphas/Pixy line. Lighter weight, more compact frame, lighter spool(though not too shallow on the spool). Maybe an update on the Tatula SV built on the new Tat frame. Also, bring back a budget spinning reel with aluminum frame. The new LT frame reels are nice, but I dont see gear -longevity built into any reel on a composite frame. And Shimano needs to introduce an aluminum frame version of the Aldebaran and call it the Chronarch 50. I could get on board with that!
I'm with you on the budget aluminum spinning reel. I lost an eBay auction trying to get a new old stock Laguna with an aluminum frame and a spare spool. I wound up snatching up another Exceler EXE. I have a 1500 spooled with 4# Invizx on a St. Croix 6'9" ULF panfish series rod and a 2000 with 6# on a 7' LXF. Those setups are a blast when the crappie and bluegill/hybrid bite is on.

Oh yeah, I almost made a Chronarch MGL my first Shimano after reading the TT review, but when I realized it was c14 or whatever, I lost interest. I've used their reels before, and liked using it, but never owned one just because Daiwa has served me well. And every time I almost pull the trigger, here comes Daiwa with a new Alphas or Zillion or Steez lite variant that I can't help but try. I've got too much crap, anyway. If I got another reel, I'd have to get another rod (the Chronarch would've gotten an Avid or maybe a Legend Tournament MHMF Sniper Spinnerbait rod.)

I would also like to see another USDM Millionaire type reel. An updated Luna that doesn't cost as much as a Ryoga.
Last edited by poisonokie on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Well they kinda gave me what I wanted already - kinda. Always wanted a metal T3 without the pop up hood. Got the Steez SV TW. It's close enough in form and ergonomics, but no 3D braking.
I'd like to see a Megabass Steez SV TW, a new Pixy with the spool from the SV Light Limited, and some Heartland bass rods for the American market.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:14 pm

I’d love to see a watered down steez sv tw. Essentially like a ss sv version of the new steez sv tw.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:04 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Well they kinda gave me what I wanted already - kinda. Always wanted a metal T3 without the pop up hood. Got the Steez SV TW. It's close enough in form and ergonomics, but no 3D braking.
I'd like to see a Megabass Steez SV TW, a new Pixy with the spool from the SV Light Limited, and some Heartland bass rods for the American market.
This may be a stupid question, but will a T3 set plate fit on the Steez TW? They look practically identical. It wouldn't surprise me because all the Tatula and Zillion TW variants are interchangeable, except for the new Tatula 100 I assume.
This is the way.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:42 am

poisonokie wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Well they kinda gave me what I wanted already - kinda. Always wanted a metal T3 without the pop up hood. Got the Steez SV TW. It's close enough in form and ergonomics, but no 3D braking.
This may be a stupid question, but will a T3 set plate fit on the Steez TW? They look practically identical. It wouldn't surprise me because all the Tatula and Zillion TW variants are interchangeable, except for the new Tatula 100 I assume.
No they are different platforms. It might be possible to modify the existing to side plate to accept the Magforce 3D mechcanisum from a T3. It would take some work and cutting of the existing side plate. This is something I plan look into once I get a one of these Twing Steez to determine if it possible.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:49 am

LowRange wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
No they are different platforms. It might be possible to modify the existing to side plate to accept the Magforce 3D mechcanisum from a T3. It would take some work and cutting of the existing side plate. This is something I plan look into once I get a one of these Twing Steez to determine if it possible.
Hmmm...i have both. I can take a look to see if it is physically possible.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:11 am

That would be fun if that 3D Magforce would be possible to make work in Steez.

If that is possible they will look in the Daiwa factory that [-X

:D

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 am

SSS wrote:Updates on Tats is all we've been getting for the last few years. It gets old when all we're getting is an update to a boring reel.
You offended my TAT SLP...
rsz_hyuga (1).jpg
rsz_hyuga (1).jpg (206.06 KiB) Viewed 7193 times

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
SSS wrote:Updates on Tats is all we've been getting for the last few years. It gets old when all we're getting is an update to a boring reel.
rsz_hyuga (1).jpg
Oh man. I love that reel. Its dead sexy.
<")))><{

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:58 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
rsz_hyuga (1).jpg
The body of Tats doesn't look very slick to me. It may look better with custom SLP stuff, but what reel doesn't.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:28 pm

SSS wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
rsz_hyuga (1).jpg
The body of Tats doesn't look very slick to me. It may look better with custom SLP stuff, but what reel doesn't.
Maybe its just me, but the Tats, Zillion, and Steez of the TWS variants look almost all the same to me. Kinda like the cars now a days.
<")))><{

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:43 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
SSS wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
rsz_hyuga (1).jpg
Maybe its just me, but the Tats, Zillion, and Steez of the TWS variants look almost all the same to me. Kinda like the cars now a days.
they do look very similar, something i really dislike from Abu because almost all their gen 4 reels look exactly the same. If you dislike the look of one reel, there's a good chance you'll dislike all of them. That's bad.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Whats not to like? They have some of the sweetest stock variants ever to grace a rod in my opinion. With that said, you look at say a Shimano Metanium and I must say... even the standard version is just wow!!
rsz_battler.jpg
rsz_battler.jpg (261.97 KiB) Viewed 7146 times
rsz_bomber (1).jpg
rsz_bomber (1).jpg (249.75 KiB) Viewed 7146 times

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:Whats not to like? They have some of the sweetest stock variants ever to grace a rod in my opinion. With that said, you look at say a Shimano Metanium and I must say... even the standard version is just wow!!

rsz_battler.jpg

rsz_bomber (1).jpg
Nah, Shimano aint got it in the looks dept compared to Daiwa IMO. The last overall good looking reels they had was the Scorpion XT1000.
<")))><{