What's next for Daiwa...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What's next for Daiwa...

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:13 pm

LowRange wrote:Even on a fixed inductor the induced flux does increase and decrease throughout the cast due to spool speed alone
OK. If you say so
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Of course spool speed plays a role in the electromagnetic force generated by the braking system. Just like a generator has to spin faster to create more power or a motor requires more power to spin faster.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:38 pm

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetism
This is the way.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:38 pm

poisonokie wrote:Of course spool speed plays a role in the electromagnetic force generated by the braking system. Just like a generator has to spin faster to create more power or a motor requires more power to spin faster.
Interesting!

Now the fixed magnets are electromagnetic?
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 8 times in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:39 pm

This is the way.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:42 pm

LowRange wrote:Even on a fixed inductor the induced flux does increase and decrease throughout the cast due to spool speed alone although I am generally not a fan of fixed inductor reels with the exception of UL baits and BFS spools. While there are exceptions, a fixed inductor reel will brake too much at the end off the cast and turning the mag dial down to compensate will not provide sufficient braking at the beginning of the cast unless you use very fluid casting motion to encourage a more gentle spool start up. This is why I prefer Magforce Z over Magforce. With Magforce Z the inductor will be extended at the beginning of the cast and retract as the spool slows. This allows me to whip the bait out there like a centrifugal reel yet still have some braking control as the spool slows and bait nears the water or in some cases while the bait is skipping on the surface of the water.
Im not a big fan of fixed inductors either (except for bfs). But the ZPI RC001 and RC002 inside an OG steez (the reel with weaker than usual magnets) is so damn excellent for fluoro. My current favorite combo for fluoro.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:44 pm

You obviously didn't read either article. The faster the inductor spins, the more electrons, i.e current, are being exchanged between the stator and inductor.
This is the way.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:47 pm

poisonokie wrote:You obviously didn't read either article. The faster the inductor spins, the more electrons, i.e current, are being exchanged between the stator and inductor.
Daiwa reels are not producing electricity.

This is suppose to be about magnetic strength at fixed locations.
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:50 pm

This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 pm

ShimanoFan wrote:
poisonokie wrote:You obviously didn't read either article. The faster the inductor spins, the more electrons, i.e current, are being exchanged between the stator and inductor.
Daiwa reels are not producing electricity.
This is growing tiresome...

What on Earth powers your beloved DC reels?? Unicorn farts?
This is the way.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:53 pm

poisonokie wrote:
This is growing tiresome...

What on Earth powers your beloved DC reels?? Unicorn farts?
Yep! Magnets! I agree to disagree respectfully.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:01 pm

If magnets can magically power things on their own, why are Teslas full of batteries? Why don't we eschew the use of exploding batteries in hoverboards and slap some neodymium? Why do speakers need speaker wire and voice coils?
This is the way.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:03 pm

SSS wrote:
LowRange wrote:Even on a fixed inductor the induced flux does increase and decrease throughout the cast due to spool speed alone although I am generally not a fan of fixed inductor reels with the exception of UL baits and BFS spools. While there are exceptions, a fixed inductor reel will brake too much at the end off the cast and turning the mag dial down to compensate will not provide sufficient braking at the beginning of the cast unless you use very fluid casting motion to encourage a more gentle spool start up. This is why I prefer Magforce Z over Magforce. With Magforce Z the inductor will be extended at the beginning of the cast and retract as the spool slows. This allows me to whip the bait out there like a centrifugal reel yet still have some braking control as the spool slows and bait nears the water or in some cases while the bait is skipping on the surface of the water.
Im not a big fan of fixed inductors either (except for bfs). But the ZPI RC001 and RC002 inside an OG steez (the reel with weaker than usual magnets) is so damn excellent for fluoro. My current favorite combo for fluoro.
Yep, they are the exception. I've heard nothing but positive reports from those who are fortunate enough to own those spools.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:04 pm

poisonokie wrote:If magnets can magically power things on their own, why are Teslas full of batteries? Why don't we eschew the use of exploding batteries in hoverboards and slap some neodymium? Why do speakers need speaker wire and voice coils?
Don't confuse electricity production with magnetic energy.
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Dude, if you hooked up wires to each side of the stator on a reel and spun the spool fast enough it would power a lightbulb. Then two things will happen. 1) the current going through the resistor will slow the spool faster than if it weren't hooked up, and 2) as the spool slows the lightbulb will dim until it isn't receiving enough current from the rotating spool (generator) and go out.

Also, if you were to instead hook those wires up to a battery the spool would begin to rotate due to the influx of electromagnetic energy.

So why do you think that is?
This is the way.