What's next for Daiwa...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What's next for Daiwa...

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 pm

ShimanoFan wrote:Semantics.
You can have the last word.

You are 100% right. I am 110% wrong.

I'm done. All the best.
It is simple right and wrong. You were wrong and we were right. There is notbing wrong with being wrong. I go down wrong paths all the time troubleshooting electrical circuits or writing ladder logic and have to back track/start over and learn a lesson. Learning is key. You being wrong and argumentative caused this while thread to go into an electromagnetism deep dive. It was and informative albeit frustrating discussion and I'm sure lurkers learned a few things along the way. Going through and re-reading up on Faraday's law and the Lenz effect was informative for me as well. This is the Tackle Tour. We argue about fishing reels and learn things. Welcome to the club

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:06 am

LowRange wrote: More spool spinny = more brakey.
:lol:
This is the way.

24 furbits
Angler
Angler

Post by 24 furbits » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 am

Well this has been an interesting read for an old guy who thought putting bearings in a 5000 was high tech.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:42 am

Thank you guys for clarifying how Magforce (or another mag brake) works! Have to read this again with care.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:49 am

I would like to personally thank you guys for the entertainment. =D> This has been fun to follow. :lol:
<")))><{

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:56 am

you're welcome. ](*,)

And there may very well be a devotion to extremely low range technical accuracy... now if only it can be found among the pile of not so accurate information... like the application claim of a faraday law upon a reel that is in no way constructed like the machine the faraday law actually applies to- a generator with coils of wires, not a solid spool.

But hey, if the faraday law explains to some around here how a reel works, then by similar logic I suppose the Lenz effect can explain generator dynamics too! Just call it kitchen table quality lo-range expertise!

Me thinks Daiwa is worth avoiding due to abuse.
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:08 pm

ShimanoFan wrote:you're welcome. ](*,)
Shimanofan - what you exerienced here was the devotion to technical accuracy that TT holds dear. There is a lot of misinformation, marketing hype and even plain untruths in this industry and we work to counter that. Sometimes too vigorously. Consider that a lot of our members routinely spend $1000 on a rod/reel combo. They deserve the most accurate information possible.

Also, if you are affiliated with a tackle shop, please add that to your signature so everyone knows. Thanks.