What's next for Daiwa...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What's next for Daiwa...

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:25 am

I reread what I posted.

I disagree respectfully without putting anyone down.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

surge
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by surge » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 am

Daiwa’s warranty repair tech doesn’t know how Magforce V/Z works. Wow.
This reminds me of a kung fu parody where one of the monks was deliberately tought wrong. Just for fun. I guess someone did the same thing when teaching how Daiwa’s braking works.

If I’ll send my Magforce Z reel in for repair then what will you do to it? “Fix” it by converting it to linear mag braking?

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:37 am

This type of opinion is not reality.

I work on Shakespeare too. They suck. But I can still make them work again.

Found on youtube... but of course the choir don't care...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC4XkqQ8FiQ
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

surge
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by surge » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:50 am

So, you know how Magforce Z works and in your opinion it is linear mag brake.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:02 am

Also, even tho i like DC and would enjoy a Daiwa reel with DC brakes, DC isn't suited for every application. The spools are too heavy and perform poorly for light setups. That is not the case with mag z and SV. You can have em on everything and they'll perform perfectly fine be it on a 2g lure or a 4oz one.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 am

I like Daiwa, I'm not changing my mine because someone says they're old school. Glad he has some technical info to support his statements, but I like Daiwa. Like my Father's family arguments on Ford vs. Chevy, no one ever won, because they were both good cars.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:20 am

SSS wrote:Also, even tho i like DC and would enjoy a Daiwa reel with DC brakes, DC isn't suited for every application. The spools are too heavy and perform poorly for light setups. That is not the case with mag z and SV. You can have em on everything and they'll perform perfectly fine be it on a 2g lure or a 4oz one.
This is a very interesting comment indeed!

I read the review on the Curado DC that the owners of this website provided for us which helped me to decide to buy one- still waiting on mailman to deliver it though, but here is what site owners had to say:

http://www.tackletour.com/previewshiman ... dcpg3.html

" I found that Mode 4 still delivered plenty of casting distance but made casting light weightless plastics or skipping baits extremely easy."

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:22 am

BigG wrote:...Like my Father's family arguments on Ford vs. Chevy, no one ever won, because they were both good cars.
You nailed it! All perception and preference!

Anyone want to get rid of mag sealed yet? Looks like Daiwa isn't. Hopefully this is within thread topic of discussion. Just asking as a curiosity what people think of it and the future of it since it is a total setup for uninitiated.
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:36 am

I want to see a USDM bfs reel from Daiwa, ready to go, fresh outta the box. They innovate all the time IMHO, but all these innovations are slow to make it over here, if at all.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, it would be cool if they would come out with more custom parts here. It sucks having to order everything like that from Japan. That's one of the things 13 has going for it. You can do a while litany of things with any of their reels and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
This is the way.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:26 am

poisonokie wrote:I want to see a USDM bfs reel from Daiwa, ready to go, fresh outta the box. They innovate all the time IMHO, but all these innovations are slow to make it over here, if at all.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, it would be cool if they would come out with more custom parts here. It sucks having to order everything like that from Japan. That's one of the things 13 has going for it. You can do a while litany of things with any of their reels and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
13fishing custom parts look so cheap in comparison, tho.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 am

I have literally worked on reels on the kitchen table with wife fussing at me. That's ironic, and I would still trust any reel put together by me. 40 years or 4 years is enough to fix the machines we all enjoy so much. And for the democratic thing, that was strange... I am a free thinking rationalist in the South (rare), but I would assume it is the other side who can't have any other answers. Hell down here people don't even believe science still. Kinda scary actually, almost got attacked at a tournament once for explaining grouper/bass and walleye/sauger evolution. So yeah I don't think it's quite fair to go after democrats, come see our republicans down here.

To say Daiwa trusts a single spring is such a weak argument, that's like saying Shimano trusts 4 plastic pins. Both systems work and you adjust both systems. You even have to adjust DC reels. I feel like all of this training you talk about is equivalent to reading backs of boxes for years.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:58 am

Reels are not as difficult.

:lol:
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tacklejunkie2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tacklejunkie2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Really......Get over yourself and give us a damn break!

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:16 pm

SSS wrote:They're finally, after hundreds of years, making the Z1016. Because that's not enough, they're reintroducing the beloved TDZ, which will be just a bit below the Steez price. But wait, that's not enough. They're also reintroducing the pixys with an ultra shallow SV spools.

nvm we're not getting anything but TW added to another reel no one asked for :crying:
SSDD :lol:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:23 pm

All of Shimanofan's arguments instantly became correct. Total opinion change. Literally listing all of my Daiwa's for sale now. I will make it fine on my Chronarch MGL and 2 Stradics. Those damn single springs can have fun on eBay now. Whenever you see "space age material" does a single tear fall, followed by a slow clap???