ZPi Tatula SV spool

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Re: ZPi Tatula SV spool

Post by SapperTyler » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:11 pm

At first I thought it was the magnets inside the side plate cause it rattled a little bit but I took it out and put a thin layer of grease around the bottom of the housing and it fixed that but I still get the knock and it’s just one knock once my thumb stops the spool on a cast and I can confirm it’s the inductor/rotor on the spool. It seems like the magnets keep it held in there the full rotation and once there’s no centrifugal force the spring actually has enough power to pull the rotor back out and making a knocking sound. Correct me if I’m wrong but yes the spring should be lighter on the sv spool but not to the point where it can’t disengage the rotor until the spool stops, the rotor shouldn’t stay in the out position the whole cast right? It should only move out into the magnets when there’s enough centrifugal force and once the spoils speed is slow enough it should move back out into a neutral state right? I’ve emailed Daiwa and asked them about this so waiting for a reply.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ZPi Tatula SV spool

Post by LowRange » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:26 pm

It stays out the whole cast. Even the older Magforce V spools do this too. The Pixy Airy Red spool makes a audible metallic "tink" around when the inductor seats. When I cast I watch the bait and right before it hits the water I can hear the inductor seat on my Pixy.. I don't hear it on any of my other reels including my tat SV but I assume they all work the same.