Daiwa SLP/RCS Knobs?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Scuba Scott
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa SLP/RCS Knobs?

Post by Scuba Scott » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Looking at some of the RCS/SLP knobs. What are the differences between the Super High Grip S knobs and the I shape cork S knobs? I have a pair of the I shape knobs in red on a daiwa Steez SV TW. I am looking at the Super High Grip ones in black for a Steez A.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa SLP/RCS Knobs?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Simply put, the high-grip knobs are grippier lol! They have a tacky coating that are great in the rain. Asie from that, they have the same basic "I" knob size and shape as any of Daiwa's other "I" knobs.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Scuba Scott
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scuba Scott » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Makes sense and I’m glad to hear they have the same basic shape. I’m still not a huge fan of the paddle style knobs on the Steez A or the thinner/flatter knobs on the SV TW. I think I may go with a set of the high grips for the Steez A. I’m very interested in seeing what others have done to upgrade their Steez A or SV TW handles and knobs. Post photos or your upgrades!

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Scuba Scott wrote:Makes sense and I’m glad to hear they have the same basic shape. I’m still not a huge fan of the paddle style knobs on the Steez A or the thinner/flatter knobs on the SV TW. I think I may go with a set of the high grips for the Steez A. I’m very interested in seeing what others have done to upgrade their Steez A or SV TW handles and knobs. Post photos or your upgrades!
I have gone with the larger version of the steez SV knobs on my steez A's , check my post in the Show and Tell section.