Abu Revo Rocket Spinning JDM verses US Version

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
nolegsinmiami
Angler
Angler

Abu Revo Rocket Spinning JDM verses US Version

Post by nolegsinmiami » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:26 am

Does anyone have any insights on the difference in the JDM and US versions of the revo rocket spinning reel? Thanks

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Abu Revo Rocket Spinning JDM verses US Version

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 am

http://www.purefishing.jp/product/brand ... ocket.html

Here is the link I found to the JDM Revo Rocket site. From first look, all I can tell different is colors, maybe a few other cosmetics (handle, knob, etc.). Also the spool sizes and options are normally different with JDM Abu spinners. The technologies seem to be on par with the US version, with the JDM possibly having "salt shield" as an extra, unless this is something they both have and the JDM just makes mention of it. I have no idea what a "Uniflow Bail" is though.

I own the STX20 and my wife fishes a Premier 30, only reel she uses about 90% of the time. They are both holding very strong for us. I have mentioned before that once they go I will get a Daiwa/Shimano to replace them, but for now they are exceeding my expectations and staying smooth. My STX20 gets tons of use because it's a on 6'Light that stays in the car and hits ponds, creeks, and river banks; I really was nervous after buying this reel because of a few bad reviews, but so far and once again it has really held strong and survived many big smallmouth now.

I went back and checked again, seems the JDM Revo Rocket has 12 bearings total and the US version has 10 total. After breaking my 2 reels down for light cleaning, I assume one of those extras is in the handle, and the other is in the drag I think.