Zillion SV spools compatible with Zillion TWS Reels?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
JigginOG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Zillion SV spools compatible with Zillion TWS Reels?

Post by JigginOG » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Miagi3 wrote:Hello there tackle junkies,

This is my 1st post on this forum and I know there are some real experts on this subject on here. I own a bunch of pre SV Daiwa Zillions (TWS Models) I've upgraded all the bearings to BOCA orange already but was wondering if the the new SV spools will work in the prior generation of Zillion's. I see that ZPI and other manufacturers are making SV spools for the Zillion SV models. I figured if anyone would know this was the place to ask. Any info or advice is certainly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mike B. :D
To answer your question, no. Stock, the zill Sv spool will not fit into the zill tws (1516). Sv spool is 34mm while the 1516 is 36mm.

If your curious of the Sv feature maybe check out the Morethan PE SV spool? I’m not certain and maybe someone can correct or confirm before you pull any trigger, but it seems to be the same spool size as a 1516.

https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/2004

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Zillion SV spools compatible with Zillion TWS Reels?

Post by TommyG » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:33 am

The Morethan spool is 34mm, the 1516 spool is 36mm.