Blue Emblem vs. Current ZPI PG and M offerings

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Blue Emblem vs. Current ZPI PG and M offerings

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:52 am

I can only have one
but I am not sure which.. I was leaning towards the M but the nostalgia
of the BE makes me want to it. I need help because i've never had either and I am not sure what I am getting in terms of performance..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Blue Emblem vs. Current ZPI PG and M offerings

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:12 pm

What reel is it for, and what's the intended use?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:43 pm

The platform is Steez LTD or sv103xs ( the zillion frame Steez spool)
There’s no specified intended use other than to discover what that would be based off reel and rod combination
Maybe a Steez sv reel.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Strewth » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:46 pm

The ZPI M is a super spool in the Steez A with braid.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:54 pm

All are great spools. The M spool feels a little more finesse oriented for me but both the M and Blue Emblem are kind of "tweener" spools where they aren't true bait finesse but faster and go lighter than a standard spool. I used to have a blue emblem but got rid of it as I preferred the RC-002 spool and am now mail using a mix of PG and RC-002 spools. The PG spool is a little faster than the RC-002 but still with great control and a tad more distance. But really all the ZPI spools are fantastic and you should at least try them all to find your favorite uses for each one. And a real sleeper that doesn't get talked about is the CP-301 in a Pixy or PX type R. Too me its even better than the Blue Emblem as a tweener spool that can go bait finesse or standard weights.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pm

You can buy both the PG and M spools brand new for what you will pay for a used BE.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 am

Rippin-lips wrote:You can buy both the PG and M spools brand new for what you will pay for a used BE.

Two actually, and that’s part of my delima as well

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:06 am

Rippin-lips wrote:You can buy both the PG and M spools brand new for what you will pay for a used BE.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:57 pm

goldrod wrote:

Two? The new Zpi spools are $140 from Tackle Trap. You plan on paying $560 for a BE?
Maybe you didn’t get what I meant. You can buy one of each Zpi spool for less than 1 used BE.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:17 pm

I get what your saying

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:10 am

I havent played with the PG yet, but I prefer the BE to the M. My main application was pitching and skipping and the extra control the BE delivers is unmatched. Nearly all my close combat combos are BE outfitted now.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Teal101 wrote:I havent played with the PG yet, but I prefer the BE to the M. My main application was pitching and skipping and the extra control the BE delivers is unmatched. Nearly all my close combat combos are BE outfitted now.

Sir what reel are you running it in?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 pm

I'll take the M or PG anytime over the BE. Yes, the BE is amazing, rare, highly sought after, which is noteworthy, but the new ZPI M and PG spools are absolutely incredible in several platforms including the TD-Z, Steez, and newer Zillion SV TW, Steez SV TW, and Steez A.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:01 am

goldrod wrote:
Teal101 wrote:I havent played with the PG yet, but I prefer the BE to the M. My main application was pitching and skipping and the extra control the BE delivers is unmatched. Nearly all my close combat combos are BE outfitted now.

Sir what reel are you running it in?
Two 10CHL's, two TD-Ito 105HL's, and a TD-Z PO. If I were to be doing more overhand casting and trying for distance the M makes sense as its faster than the BE. The M is great pitching spool as well, but not near as forgiving as a BE when skipping and pitching while making contact with cover, nothing is.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm