noise in fishing 13 reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Marv
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

noise in fishing 13 reels

Post by Marv » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:19 am

News Flash! A while back I posted to stop noise in a Z 13 fishing reel and it worked but not for long. But not to be one to give up I kept right on with my mission to stop the noise and I have found it. Regardless of what anyone else tells you about reel oils so of which are very good but not for zero concept.. Here is the answer clean it up real good, get all the old oil off you can, not that is makes much difference and use break free with CLP in it. Give it a shot on the level line gears and just ever so tiny amount on spool ends not the bushings. I have used this method and for 2 months I have fished and no matter how hard you throw it there is no noise--guaranteed. And by the way break free is made for gun cleaning applications. It is good for operating range -65 degrees F to 475 degrees F. I put it on all my reels. Break Free is all you will ever need.