question about reeling with the stradic fk spin reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Dave Paradowski
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

question about reeling with the stradic fk spin reels

Post by Dave Paradowski » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Last year I bought a Stradic C3000 hgfk /4000 xgfk and a C5000 hgfk. There is difference in how they reel in. The C3000 hg & the C5000 hg are easier to reel-in than the 4000 xg. Do you think I have a problem or is there a reason for this. I noticed the 3000 and the 5000 have a C before and a hg after the model number. The 4000 only has a xg after the number. I don't know what that means or if that would affect the reeling-in. Would anyone have any input on this?
Thank you,
Dave Paradowski

Dave Paradowski
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: question about reeling with the stradic fk spin reels

Post by Dave Paradowski » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:16 am

ttt

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: question about reeling with the stradic fk spin reels

Post by Hulkster » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:37 am

check the gear ratio of the reels. the lower the gear ratio, the more powerful the reel is, and the easier it will be to retrieve baits that have a lot of water resistance like crankbaits and big bladed baits like inline spinners.

That could be the reason for the differences you are seeing. they all should be very smooth. but the amount of power may be different.