Daiwa Exist vs Certate (3012H)

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
lmbass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Exist vs Certate (3012H)

Post by lmbass » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Was wondering if anyone out there has had a chance to fish with the previous model Daiwa Exist vs the current model Daiwa Certate in the 3012H size. Have seen some great deals on the Exist and can potentially get one for about $100 more than the Certate. I have the previous model Certate and it's a great reel, but is the Exist worth it for only that much more? Thanks.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Exist vs Certate (3012H)

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Yes
PEACE

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa Exist vs Certate (3012H)

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:24 pm

I have both the '16 Certate and the 15' Jdm Exist. They are both stellar! Really what you are looking at here is a mag frame on the Exist compared to the Aluminum frame on the Certate(, some prefer aluminum over mag and vice versa) giving you about 1.3 oz differnce in the models you are referencing. They have the same points of magseal (rotor, handle shaft and line roller) The Exist is giving you all CCRB bearings. There might be some other minor differences.
I think at $100 price difference, it's a no brainer to go with the Exist. Most of us are seeing a $200 price difference in these reels. At $200 I would be taking further consideration.