Pflueger Supreme and Supreme XT reviews (casting reels)

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Pflueger Supreme and Supreme XT reviews (casting reels)

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Just ordered these reels. Any reviews on them? Thanks

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Pflueger Supreme and Supreme XT reviews (casting reels)

Post by LowRange » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:55 pm

But they're not SV103s?????

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:33 am

LowRange wrote:But they're not SV103s?????
I know...right? No seriously, are they basically just another Doyo reel or are they decent? Thanks!

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:07 am

Big-Bass wrote:
I know...right? No seriously, are they basically just another Doyo reel or are they decent? Thanks!
Knew one guy that had them, he fished the same river system as I do. Said that they fished a lot like Revo Gen 3 reels did. Don't remember exactly, but I think he said the dimensions were even kind of close. No problems though that I remember him mentioning and went on to talk about Pflueger's customer service being pretty good. The casting reel didn't break, but he had some cheaper spinning reels they helped replace/fix. I used to want the orange and black Supreme XT spinning reel so bad, just for the color when I started fishing.

skunked
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by skunked » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:53 pm

I have a Supreme xt and love it! Yes it is very similar to the older revo and that is a good thing. I have a patriarch and that reel is very similar to my 2nd gen Revo Premier. Supreme xt is almost the same except it only has centrifugal brakes, which I actually prefer.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:49 pm

Big-Bass wrote:
I don't have 1st hand knowledge of the reel but a passing glance says it is a 3rd gen Revo. If I was going to go 3rd gen Revo again I would do what I did last time and go JDM and with ZIP parts but go used and with ZIP parts already on the reel from bass.co.jp used reel section.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:07 pm

They canceled my order! They were mismarked at $9.88 from their original price so I ordered a bunch LOL. But alas, today, my order was canceled due to "price error."