An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Moosehead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Moosehead » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm

I called Spanky at TT and ordered all the parts I needed to customize a few reels, the main things were some TD Zillion drag stars that I was going to put on my kids Tierras. I had to ask him to find me some swept handles too because I couldn't find mine anywhere. Found out why, my wife was doing some house cleaning and threw out two boxes of spare parts months ago. Along with various take off parts, bearings, knobs, handles and such, I now after tearing my gun room apart, am almost positive she threw out 2 TDZ 103H spools, a 105H spool and my spare 100m spool with these other parts. I told her what she did and she looked at me like I was insane..that makes sense because the last thing I hollered was "not a finger!" All I could come up with in the moment.
I spent 20 minutes talking to my dog and truck.
Thought I would share.

ShimanoFan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:49 am
Contact:

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby ShimanoFan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:57 pm

Lol!

Time to dig through her closet and throw out some shoes! :lol:

20 minutes? Wait'll she finds out some shoes are missing and you'll be living with the dog in the truck! :crying:

Moosehead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Moosehead » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Right now I'm thinking that wouldn't be such a bad thing..

Moosehead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Moosehead » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 pm

I kinda have suspected she is up to something I caught her once stacking up my Bass Pro Catalogs to give to goodwill. 30 years worth...

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:13 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Kurt L » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:19 pm

I had something similar back in my late teens, my brother and I had an old dresser in our garage filled with ALL our tackle we came home one day to find our mother had cleaned it out and never said a word she donated everything! and did not remember to who a day later! we were wiped out in a single stroke and all we did was fish all the time in those days, I feel your pain.

Kurt

1nutinthewater
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:12 pm
Location: OREGON
Contact:

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby 1nutinthewater » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:56 pm

Living in the truck with the dog sounds pretty good right now! Maybe come home in a week with a couple grand worth of new gear........ I bet she wont do it again!
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Gone Phishin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:20 pm

Moosehead wrote:I called Spanky at TT and ordered all the parts I needed to customize a few reels, the main things were some TD Zillion drag stars that I was going to put on my kids Tierras. I had to ask him to find me some swept handles too because I couldn't find mine anywhere. Found out why, my wife was doing some house cleaning and threw out two boxes of spare parts months ago. Along with various take off parts, bearings, knobs, handles and such, I now after tearing my gun room apart, am almost positive she threw out 2 TDZ 103H spools, a 105H spool and my spare 100m spool with these other parts. I told her what she did and she looked at me like I was insane..that makes sense because the last thing I hollered was "not a finger!" All I could come up with in the moment.
I spent 20 minutes talking to my dog and truck.
Thought I would share.


A tip of the cap for the A Christmas Story reference.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1513
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby DirtyD64 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:09 am

Trash diving time.

johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby johns » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:23 am

Another story.... It was a while ago but I used to hide my spare cash in my white ployester leisure suit (think John Trvolta). One day when I went to grab some money the suit was gone. My wife gave it to someone. Of course they denied there was money in it and my wife was pissed at me for hiding money on her. To this day I still suspect her of just taking the money.

Moosehead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Moosehead » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:38 am

Months ago I had a couple of R+ spools in there..guess I should consider myself lucky they were mostly take off parts...but could really use those non bearings supported Zillion handles now...now I'll probably have to buy a couple of Basszones for his Tierras. This whole situation is crap all the way around...

Moosehead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Moosehead » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:47 am

Under further review, 3 pairs of ZPI bearing, 2 TDZ nose pieces, 2 Zillion nose pieces are also gone. I have officially stopped looking for stuff...the dog said I should definitely leave her...

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby wirinhar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:58 am

ShimanoFan wrote:Lol!

Time to dig through her closet and throw out some shoes! :lol:

20 minutes? Wait'll she finds out some shoes are missing and you'll be living with the dog in the truck! :crying:


kind of agree on this ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Moosehead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Moosehead » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:00 pm

The kids are grown, the house is under inheritance, the fishing camp is in my dads name, there is no alimony in Louisiana and she thinks all my fishing gear is worth $500. NOT that I'm thinking about it.....

User avatar
Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby Rippin-lips » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:04 pm

I’m glad my gf is ok with my addiction and would never do anything like that. Heck, if she bumps a rod on the wall rack she says I’m sorry haha. She knows how much most of my stuff costs. I buy her a new MK purse and wallet here and there, and all is good in my world.

User avatar
TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:02 am
Location: Midlothian, Illinois

Re: An ubelievable kick in the teeth

Postby TommyG » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Moosehead wrote:The kids are grown, the house is under inheritance, the fishing camp is in my dads name, there is no alimony in Louisiana and she thinks all my fishing gear is worth $500. NOT that I'm thinking about it.....

ROAD TRIP!!!!


Return to “Reels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fishing4Fun and 17 guests