OG Zillion Spool Upgrade

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: OG Zillion Spool Upgrade

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am

Craiger12 wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote:
Craiger12 wrote:Again I'm going to display my ignorance here...what SV or 103 spools fit the OG Zillion? Would they all require some form of spacer? If so, where does one find these spacers? Thanks for the responses so far guys.
Non fit without spacers!!

I've been using a red PE spool for my light cranks/square bills and rattle baits since the TDZ100M spool is about impossible to find. Got it from Japan Tackle. Many are saying the DIY/Ray spools are dandy in moneys tight.
Are you referring to the red PE spool currently available from Japan Tackle? I'm considering going with either the red or gold PE spool. Looks like it would be a nice blend of what I'm looking for. Better casting with slightly lighter lures, but still decent line capacity capable of bombing lipless and heavier cranks.
Ive got the gold PE spool with the fixed inductor in my TD Zillion100HA, man that sucker can sling a swimjig with 50lb braid a mile.
<")))><{

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:31 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Craiger12 wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote: Ive got the gold PE spool with the fixed inductor in my TD Zillion100HA, man that sucker can sling a swimjig with 50lb braid a mile.
This is what I was hoping to hear. I'm almost positive I'm going to go with one of these PE spools, just not sure which. I'm really not sure which rotor design would benefit me more.

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm

I think I'm gonna jump on the red PE spool from JapanTackle. It will match my reel better anyway haha. So do these spools come ready to plug in with bearings installed or do I need to pick up anything else??

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Craiger12 wrote:I think I'm gonna jump on the red PE spool from JapanTackle. It will match my reel better anyway haha. So do these spools come ready to plug in with bearings installed or do I need to pick up anything else??
Yep, just drop it in and spool it up.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Craiger12 wrote:I think I'm gonna jump on the red PE spool from JapanTackle. It will match my reel better anyway haha. So do these spools come ready to plug in with bearings installed or do I need to pick up anything else??
Yep, just drop it in and spool it up.
Excellent. Thank you.