Lew's Tournament Pro - icast

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Lew's Tournament Pro - icast

Postby johnD » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm

This is the reel that replaced the Pro G.
It now has a bearing supported pinion gear. No internal brakes but , a re-designed external brake that's supposed to be quieter than most.
$199

I didn't get the weight but , it's light. Felt solid for sure. Those are not winn gripps , it's just a texture they put on there.

DirtyD64
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Lew's Tournament Pro - icast

Postby DirtyD64 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:33 pm

I am still not sure about the pinion's support. I wonder if they have single support and a different design/location or true dual support like Shimano's X-Ship and Daiwa Free floating spools...

I really hope it is a dual supported pinion, this would be a huge step for Lew's reels. Would like to use a 3rd brand as they have known to be okay reels for light lure casting. Would love it if they brought dual main support, dual pinion support, on a reel designed for light lures.

Return to “Reels”