Fuego LT ticking noise

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Fuego LT ticking noise

Post by Tim Kelly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:15 am

Fishing in the heat on Saturday my relatively new Fuego LT developed a ticking sound. Couldn't see any line or grass seeds or anything caught in the rotor, so carried on using it, and being irritated by the noise. Got it out to have a look into the problem tonight and spent some time peering at it to determine where the noise was coming from. Thought it seemed to be the rotor and so was about to take it apart to investigate when I noticed something...

Turns out the bit of red trim under the rotor than says "Magseal" is a bit of metallic tape, and it had become unstuck at one end and was responsible. Pulled it out so it won't do it again. Sticky tape? Really? LOL. Got a ballistic coming, hope they went with paint on that one!
Attachments
20180709_185723.jpg
20180709_185723.jpg (205.47 KiB) Viewed 2372 times

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fuego LT ticking noise

Post by LowRange » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Are the magseal space fluids ok?

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kurt L » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Other than that... how do you like the reel? I'm a Shimano guy who is unimpressed by their latest reels and looking for options and the Ballistic has my attention.

Thanks, Kurt

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 pm

I really like the reel. The only thing I've found that I'm not so sure about is that the drag knob is quite big and only takes a very light pressure to adjust, as a result I've noticed that I inadvertently brushed my hand on it a couple of times and moved the drag setting. Fortunately it clicks when you move it, so I was alerted, but I've never noticed that happening with any reel previously. Otherwise the reel is amazingly smooth, light and solid feeling. Looking forward to the Ballistic arriving to see whether there's enough of a difference to justify double the price of the fuego.