It happened, the Trulinoya Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

It happened, the Trulinoya Daiwa

Post by LowRange » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Daiwa Fire Wolf. The have the audacity to call the Trulinoya dual brake Magforce 3D. I don't understand why the ad has Seaknight on it. This is basically as bad as a Kastking with Daiwa printed on the side of it.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328904988 ... form=msite

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: It happened, the Trulinoya Daiwa

Post by LowRange » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:27 pm

And another one. This time in BFS form and on Ebay. What is going on.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Daiwa-076517-Ree ... 2145219099

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 5bites » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:04 am

This reel hurts my feelings and makes me hate my eyes.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:27 am

This looks pathetic. Shame on Daiwa.

hate seeing high end brands looking like aliexpress crap.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 am

I will reserve judgement on the marketing reasons why they are doing this :-k . If they stop designing / creating any other reels, especially existing reels like Fuegos on up. I would move to Shimano since they care about quality and not the Kastking/Favorite/whatever china crap that is popular right now :sick: .

But for now, I am still a "Daiwa Fanboy". Hopefully that doesn't change [-o< .

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 am

Just posted how the Shimano SLX already looks milestones better than the CG80. The Tatula 100 specs are up on the US Daiwa site now too. Not as impressed as I thought I would be... It has the basic deeper spool, no free floating spool (7+1 bearing design still), DOES have the Steez TW style frame which is great, the Zero adjuster is "meh" at best, tacky plastic handle nut cover, and DOES get the new knobs which is good.

I am assuming they MUST have something big coming for the Zillion series and maybe a few nicer mods to the Tatula 100 Type R that is sure to follow. Maybe the new gearing for the Zillion series? I am just hoping I don't end up disappointed, I own 8 Daiwa casting and 1 Shimano but it won't stay that way if they don't start bringing more to the table.

Example:
Curado K gets: totally new frame reguarded as great to palm, extra mainshaft bearing plus already has dual pinion support, micro module gears, new SVS braking system, etc.

2018 Tatula 100 gets: highly regarded frame, someone turns the knob for you and says "Don't touch it", tribal spider tattoo's.

As of this point I still love my Zillion SV TW's most for the light spool and just being an overall good reel, but if I were purchasing in the under $200 range it would be obvious at this point.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:29 pm

The new tat is being described as Steez like smooth and if this is the case then it may not gain much from micro mod gears. I've had a number of Daiwas that were smooth in that you couldn't feel the gears mesh even with age. The current tat reels are pretty sloppy and have a lot of variance in smoothness between reels but they are a lower end platfrom. The change to a higher end platform and higher price will hopefully produce a higher end feeling reel. This new tat may very well be Curado K smooth even without micro gears. We won't know until some early adopters get ahold of the reel and provide feedback.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Finnz922 wrote:I will reserve judgement on the marketing reasons why they are doing this :-k . If they stop designing / creating any other reels, especially existing reels like Fuegos on up. I would move to Shimano since they care about quality and not the Kastking/Favorite/whatever china crap that is popular right now :sick: .

everyone on this forum will move to shimano if Daiwa were to go full China mode.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:15 pm

SSS wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:I will reserve judgement on the marketing reasons why they are doing this :-k . If they stop designing / creating any other reels, especially existing reels like Fuegos on up. I would move to Shimano since they care about quality and not the Kastking/Favorite/whatever china crap that is popular right now :sick: .

everyone on this forum will move to shimano if Daiwa were to go full China mode.
I would be one of those, despite my love for Daiwa's current and previous offerings. Ever since I saw the CG80, I have been looking a lot closer at Shimano's 2018-19 leaks. 8-[ I suppose I could just buy up some older Daiwas and leave it at that. :-k
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:03 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote: I suppose I could just buy up some older Daiwas and leave it at that. :-k
I would probably go this route ^^^ first and start tuning reels again. I have gone the other route as of late and went all Fuego and Tatula CT's.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:50 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
SSS wrote:

I would be one of those, despite my love for Daiwa's current and previous offerings. Ever since I saw the CG80, I have been looking a lot closer at Shimano's 2018-19 leaks. 8-[ I suppose I could just buy up some older Daiwas and leave it at that. :-k
if they were to go full China mode (which i don't believe they're stupid enough to do so), imagine what will happen to slp/rcs/zpi etc. How are they gonna make $250 spools, $150 carbon handles for $70 reels :laugh1:

And what about Megabass tuning some Aliexpress looking reels by Daiwa :talk hand:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:32 pm

SSS wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
SSS wrote:

if they were to go full China mode (which i don't believe they're stupid enough to do so), imagine what will happen to slp/rcs/zpi etc. How are they gonna make $250 spools, $150 carbon handles for $70 reels :laugh1:

And what about Megabass tuning some Aliexpress looking reels by Daiwa :talk hand:
It's worse than you think. That pos is not made my Daiwa. It is some China reel branded as a Diawa. It's basically a Kastking Spartacus with Daiwa on the outside.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:01 pm

LowRange wrote:
SSS wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
SSS wrote:

It's worse than you think. That pos is not made my Daiwa. It is some China reel branded as a Diawa. It's basically a Kastking Spartacus with Daiwa on the outside.
yeah, i got it, but will it be sold officially by Daiwa, or its just a Chinese company stealing daiwa's logo and name?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 pm

SSS wrote:
LowRange wrote:
SSS wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
SSS wrote:everyone on this forum will move to shimano if Daiwa were to go full China mode.

yeah, i got it, but will it be sold officially by Daiwa, or its just a Chinese company stealing daiwa's logo and name?
I hope it is theft but it is most likely that Daiwa has decided to brand a reel Chinese OEM reel as a Daiwa and a 3rd party, Seaknight, is handing the selling on Aliexpress.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Please send help. I have a weakness for shallow spools and cheap reels.