It happened, the Trulinoya Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: It happened, the Trulinoya Daiwa

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:27 pm

LowRange wrote:
SSS wrote:
LowRange wrote:
SSS wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote: I would be one of those, despite my love for Daiwa's current and previous offerings. Ever since I saw the CG80, I have been looking a lot closer at Shimano's 2018-19 leaks. 8-[ I suppose I could just buy up some older Daiwas and leave it at that. :-k
if they were to go full China mode (which i don't believe they're stupid enough to do so), imagine what will happen to slp/rcs/zpi etc. How are they gonna make $250 spools, $150 carbon handles for $70 reels :laugh1:

And what about Megabass tuning some Aliexpress looking reels by Daiwa :talk hand:
It's worse than you think. That pos is not made my Daiwa. It is some China reel branded as a Diawa. It's basically a Kastking Spartacus with Daiwa on the outside.
yeah, i got it, but will it be sold officially by Daiwa, or its just a Chinese company stealing daiwa's logo and name?
I hope it is theft but it is most likely that Daiwa has decided to brand a reel Chinese OEM reel as a Daiwa and a 3rd party, Seaknight, is handing the selling on Aliexpress.
I think they are just illegally using Daiwa's name. Most of the Seaknight reels have their name right on the side.

https://www.gearbest.com/fishing-reels- ... id=1433363

Sadly, that reel looks much nicer than the "Daiwa" model.

*edit* On second look perhaps I'm wrong. I guess Daiwa might be putting their name on OEM Chinese reels. Kinda said, but not much different than any of the other junk low end reels they have released in years past like the Laguna series.

DaveJ

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:48 pm

LowRange wrote:Please send help. I have a weakness for shallow spools and cheap reels.

You have a LIN and you want this ugly garbage :shock:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:53 pm

SSS wrote:
LowRange wrote:Please send help. I have a weakness for shallow spools and cheap reels.

You have a LIN and you want this ugly garbage :shock:
Can't I have both nice and terrible things? :lol:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 am

Maybe they are putting the cheap stuff off on Chinese manufacturers and reserving the other plants for higher end reel manufacture?

Would be awesome to see the Tatula-Zillion-Steez class all moved to Japan eventually. The cheaper reels could stay cheap and the nicer ones could go all out. I am not too worried, Daiwa is just $$$ hunting. They should and will always have some reels made with quality and produced by their own factories/design.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 pm

There are a number of platforms being used and sold as the Daiwa owned Sport Line brand in Japan as a budget reels. Most are either bay jigging reels or sea bass reels with shallow spools and don't have any Daiwa markings. The one with Diawa branding is sold on Aliexpress under Sea Knight so maybe it is region specific with the CS markings like the Tatula CT CS.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Finnz922 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote: I suppose I could just buy up some older Daiwas and leave it at that. :-k
I would probably go this route ^^^ first and start tuning reels again. I have gone the other route as of late and went all Fuego and Tatula CT's.
Which is why I am loaded with TDZ/Fuego/SV103/SV105 and other OG style reels.