Daiwa customer service could not help, maybe you can?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Daiwa customer service could not help, maybe you can?

Post by freelancer27 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:21 am

Hi all,

I am dear need for some parts for the spool of my Steez SV TW.

I opened my reel on the water, the spool feel out and some parts got lost.

Based on the following reel schematic (http://www.daiwa.com/us/service/manuals ... V-H_SH.pdf) I am in need for the parts: 19-24

When I talked to the Daiwa service team (it took them 4 weeks after several calls) to tell me that I had to purchase the full spool kit in order to get some spare parts.

I am wondering if anybody has thoughts on how I could get these parts.

Thanks a ton.

Cheers!.

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa customer service could not help, maybe you can?

Post by fishonsc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:50 am

Did you lose the spool? 19-24 does just not fall off the spool. You can get the parts here.

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/opti ... s/6/page/2

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:56 am

fishonsc wrote:Did you lose the spool? 19-24 does just not fall off the spool. You can get the parts here.

Nope, if I had lost the spool I would have purchased the whole package already ;)

Thanks for the link!
Unfortunately they do not have individual part numnbers for what I need and just have the single part for the whole reel assembly...

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:05 pm

freelancer27 wrote:
fishonsc wrote:Did you lose the spool? 19-24 does just not fall off the spool. You can get the parts here.

Nope, if I had lost the spool I would have purchased the whole package already ;)

Thanks for the link!
Unfortunately they do not have individual part numnbers for what I need and just have the single part for the whole reel assembly...
Yes they do. Which steez sv tw?

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Plat is a good place to get the parts. I've ordered from them before and it has always worked out. I would suggest trying to get it locally first. I don't think Daiwa USA sells those parts separately, probably because 99% of users don't actually open up the spool assembly, instead they sell it as a unit. Contact the guys at The Tackle Trap, maybe they can help.

Just curious, did you take off the spool inductor clip or did it come off on its own?

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:22 pm

Tony9 wrote:Plat is a good place to get the parts. I've ordered from them before and it has always worked out. I would suggest trying to get it locally first. I don't think Daiwa USA sells those parts separately, probably because 99% of users don't actually open up the spool assembly, instead they sell it as a unit. Contact the guys at The Tackle Trap, maybe they can help.

Just curious, did you take off the spool inductor clip or did it come off on its own?
Thanks, will check with them.

What happened was that (me idiot) let the rod and reel fall into the water. I opened the reel to 'shake' the water out. Well, I shook the spool out (me idiot again) and it fell on the ground and the spring and other little parts were nowhere to be seen again...

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Ian Shields orders pretty often from PLAT if you wanted him to get them for you. I still can’t see the e clip just popping off from dropping the spool. It snaps into a groove on the spool shaft and takes some effort to remove and pliers to go back on.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Just ordered from PLAT. Thanks for sharing the link!