13 fishing reel zero

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Marv
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

13 fishing reel zero

Post by Marv » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:35 pm

hi all all the noise when casting this reel problem solved. The spool tension knob (the one next to the handle) just loosen it up till the noise stops! Been fishing this reel for 2 months and couldn't figure out why the noise then today I was experimenting and kept backing off spool control knob and kept on casting as hard as I could throw. I kept backing it off until the noise stopped. When you get just the tiniest amount of play side to side bingo the noise quit. I keep my reel set on 2 and it is quiet as can be! I hope this helps everybody out that owns one because I find my reel a pleasure to use. This happens to be a reel that you can tighten the spool control knob too tight and after a few casts it will cast fine but make a noise. Happy! Happy! Happy! Marv