Daiwa FuegoA 2500 Spinning Reel?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
joeim8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa FuegoA 2500 Spinning Reel?

Post by joeim8 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:59 am

Hello,

I am having an issue with my one of my older Daiwa Fuego A spinning reels. Every once in a while it will back reel without me flipping the button to allow back reel. Does anyone know what part or parts I need to fix this issue and where to get them from?

Thanks guys it’s an older reel but still probably my favorite spinning reel to this point.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa FuegoA 2500 Spinning Reel?

Post by toddmc » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:56 am

The lever to allow you to back reel can get dirty and cause problems. The mechanism on it is a little small in my opinion. Put a few drops of oil in it if you are too lazy to take it apart. This may help. The anti-reverse bearing can cause the same issues. Both are easy fixes.

trytofish
Angler
Angler

Re: Daiwa FuegoA 2500 Spinning Reel?

Post by trytofish » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Clean the ar bearing out and install it without oil or grease.
Happens to me most of the time as I use silicone oil in the gears instead and of grease.
The oil will some how managed to get into the ar bearing mainly during transport and storage but it’s nothing of concern.