Tsurinoya XF50 reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Warhawk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tsurinoya XF50 reel

Post by Warhawk » Tue May 29, 2018 5:29 pm

My Tusrinoya XF50 reel showed up today. I had just enough time to spool it with 8# line and tie on a 1/8 Oz roadrunner head and plastic body. I used a 6’ light action Bass Pro crappie rod for comparison, because I had two identical rods. On rod#2 I put a Pixy Type R with the same line. I also have an Alphas R Edition on a very similar 5’6” Okuma rod (cork handle).

Believe it it or not, the $50 Chinese Tsurinoya reel is easier to cast than the Pixy. After playi;g with the settings I could get the Pixy to cast almost as far, but with much more effort.

The Tsurinoya is the red and black reel. Very nice little reel, physically a bit larger than the Pixy and just slightly heavier. It also has a clicking drag star and clicking cast control cap, the knobs are machined aluminum, nice.

The Alphas casting performance with these little baits falls in between the Pixy and XF50. With the slightly longer rod it may equal the XF50.

Not bad for a $50 dollar reel (from Ali-baba.com)