Team Daiwa TD-Z CU spinning reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Team Daiwa TD-Z CU spinning reels

Post by Big-Bass » Tue May 01, 2018 7:35 pm

I just picked up an absolutely beautiful Team Daiwa TD-Z 2000CU spinning reel and am looking for more information on it. The reel retrieves like butter. When did they come out, what was the retail, etc. and what are they worth today? The reel is almost mint (a few tiny, tiny marks but I am very OCD) and comes with box, paperwork, felt reel bag, plastic reel bag, extra spool, and extra spool plastic bag. Thanks for any/all help and best wishes on the water!

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Team Daiwa TD-Z CU spinning reels

Post by BigG » Wed May 02, 2018 7:56 am

Nice, you need to add some pics. =D>

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed May 02, 2018 1:12 pm

I saw your same post on bassresource.com. You must really not be finding internet info on this reel? :P

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed May 02, 2018 1:41 pm

If you google TDZ 2000CU you'll find some pics of mine on a forum of them inside.

They're still tuned in Japan by IOS where screw in handles are replacing the inserted ones and new gear sets are being produced.

An old reel with a big following. What are they worth? Whatever your willing to pay especially if your mad and cashed up but id say anywhere between $120 / $250 AUS depending on shape and inclusions like box and paperwork which'll be good for a collector.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Still trying to find a decent amount of info on this reel. Anyone own one? What did they retail for? Thanks!

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:35 am

Not sure locally, but in Japan, they were about 55,000 JPY MSRP.
http://www.sl-planets.co.jp/shop/p/p00055081/
Flagship of the time, along with cheaper variants X and S (like the TD-X and TD-S).